Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It is pretty insane. I love the truck and the features. The onboard 7.2K is awesome. But the really bad thing about it is if there is an issue there is pretty much no driving it or fixing it to drive it. You are stuck where you’re at and dependant on a tow. Still no idea what’s wrong with the truck, but I’ve never had a truck that I couldn’t at least fix or start it to get it where it needed to go.
Hi there, Brandon. This power concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
Wow. Threads like this are pretty sobering. You guys are obviously in an extreme minority of PB owners, but it still sucks.

Does help cure my FOMO a little though, thanks. :p

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Hi there, Brandon. This power concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Thank You for your response. The dealer called today and said they finally had it diagnosed, and it is the Transmission Mode Switch that requires a new range selector. The part will take 4+ days to get delivered. If you want me to send the info I can, but what really happens from there?

I had it in the shop for repeated BCM issue last May-June for a month and a half with 2 dealerships. I reported the issues etc. online to Ford and never got any response.

At least I have been provided with a loaner this time. I know it is a new motor and tech, but I never expected to have this many issues with a brand-new truck, and I honestly worry about it just shutting down at any place and given time now. Was not aware the truck just won't start or goes to reduced power the moment something wrong is detected.

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Thank You for your response. The dealer called today and said they finally had it diagnosed, and it is the Transmission Mode Switch that requires a new range selector. The part will take 4+ days to get delivered. If you want me to send the info I can, but what really happens from there?

I had it in the shop for repeated BCM issue last May-June for a month and a half with 2 dealerships. I reported the issues etc. online to Ford and never got any response.

At least I have been provided with a loaner this time. I know it is a new motor and tech, but I never expected to have this many issues with a brand-new truck, and I honestly worry about it just shutting down at any place and given time now. Was not aware the truck just won't start or goes to reduced power the moment something wrong is detected.
My truck is still waiting on the part, I guess. I bought the truck brand new in Oct 2021. It has been undrivable and in the shop for over 2 months of that time. I will give it the rest of this week and if nothing, then I will message you my vin and dealer. At this point I think I just need to trade this truck in and be done with it, but problem is I have 0% interest on my loan with Ford and would have to give that up, it looks like. I am thankful a loaner has at least been provided for this stint in the shop.

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
I haven't heard from the dealer in over a week now. I will send you my vin etc, however I am not seeing an option to send PM.

Are you able to assist here?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I haven't heard from the dealer in over a week now. I will send you my vin etc, however I am not seeing an option to send PM.

Are you able to assist here?
I'd swear all that thing is a bot thar Ford put on here. I don't ever recall anyone posting that they actually got anything done through a pm to it/her/him.

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
I will share my experience once resolved. But so far not much has happened. My truck is still at dealership and they are not getting it figured out and even said they too are reaching out to Ford for assistance.

I may have to be done with this truck regardless at this point and maybe be done with Ford for my next few purchases, which takes a lot for me to say.

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Update. Dealer called and is not sure what is wrong with the truck or the battery. Still no eta or any idea at this point.

The ford rep above did open up a case for me with Ford, but nothing has come of that. A customer care rep called the next day and left a message saying they are not sure what I am needing or trying to accomplish and were confused with the case since the dealer had the truck and had diagnosed the issue. At that point the dealer was still saying that it would be any day and all was well. I have left 4 messages for the Ford rep to call me back now with no response or callback. I have also left them my email and no response at all.

I messaged the rep back on here and they advised I'd be best to continue to work with the dealership.

I will probably leave Ford altogether at this point. And getting rid of this truck will set me back thousands.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Check out the lemon laws in you state. The BBB might be of help as well.

If you can stomach waiting a few more weeks, I encourage you to do so.

It's amazing you have a 0% loan! And a properly functioning Powerboost is pretty amazing too!

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
I got the same issue with my 2023 F150 PB I bought last December. It won’t start, even though other feathers like zone lighting and AC can still turn on. I’m very disappointed. I never had any vehicle not starting.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got the same issue with my 2023 F150 PB I bought last December. It won’t start, even though other feathers like zone lighting and AC can still turn on. I’m very disappointed. I never had any vehicle not starting.
Hey there! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this power concern for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

charmai101

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
I called Fire Road Side Assistance, and the tech came and used a battery pack to jump start my powerboost. I’m suspect the batter is the issue. I leave my truck at the service center overnight so they can do a diagnostic. I’m totally disappointed at Ford!

bleetlejuice

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Just an update. My truck is being bought back as a lemon. It sat at the dealer for almost 70 days and was pulled apart and put back together twice. Already a lemon at that point they did advise they fixed it and I got it back the day before a trip to Florida. I left it in my driveway and borrowed my Dad's work truck for the trip. Once back from the trip, I drove it 3 days before it locked in neutral, even when it was in Park, alert was the vehicle could not turn off unless in Park. I was able to pull the lever to put it in neutral and get it unlocked after about an hour but seemed to be stuck in 4-wheel drive. At that point I just drove it to the dealer and left it. It was not giving any service alert or 4 wheel drive message at all.

I am waiting for the check from Ford now to purchase a new vehicle and should have it this week. The fact it is not drivable, took out 2 options from the Lemon repurchase program which were to drive it and order a new ford, or keep and receive a sum of cash. So now once I get my check, I can go with another Ford and get a few discounts on a new truck if I decide to buy and replace wirh a new Ford, or just buy anything used or brand other than Ford. I am losing my 0% interest and most of the cost for all the aftermarket stuff I had added. Can't really replace it with a brand-new Ford for what I have in the current truck and with what the interest rates are now. Not coming away great or in a positive place with the repurchase options at all.

If I go with a 3/4 ton I can at least afford to replace with a new Chevy or GMC, or any half ton pickups out there aside from the Ford(with all the add-ons I had), lol. The 2024's GMs are much better than previous models that I have never been a fan of.

I am priced out of replacing with a Ford because the MSRPs are $6-$10K more now than when I bought mine and F250s are untouchable. It has been a long year and a half with the truck that is for sure. I am just happy to move on from it and be done with it, hopefully as of tomorrow. I am open to opinions on a new truck if any out there.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Update. Dealer called and is not sure what is wrong with the truck or the battery. Still no eta or any idea at this point.

The ford rep above did open up a case for me with Ford, but nothing has come of that. A customer care rep called the next day and left a message saying they are not sure what I am needing or trying to accomplish and were confused with the case since the dealer had the truck and had diagnosed the issue. At that point the dealer was still saying that it would be any day and all was well. I have left 4 messages for the Ford rep to call me back now with no response or callback. I have also left them my email and no response at all.

I messaged the rep back on here and they advised I'd be best to continue to work with the dealership.

I will probably leave Ford altogether at this point. And getting rid of this truck will set me back thousands.
The Ford rep assigned to my case wasn’t helpful at all and wasn’t at all interested in the details. Calls lasted under 2 minutes and the gist was “take it back to the dealer”. Since the dealer couldn’t replicate one of the issues, she said that there was nothing corporate could do on their end to assist and they weren’t apologetic about it.

After I bought my Ram, I emailed the rep to let her know to close the case and that I was moving on and the email bounced back. It seems that she no longer works there and my case was never reassigned to someone else.

My 2 cents is… move on from the brand until they work out their customer service woes. I haven’t regretted being in a different truck one bit… but I also know that I will be eager to get back into a hybrid or EV when other brands bring them to market over the next few years.

Sorry you went through such an ordeal. Lemons happen, but the unwillingness to make you completely whole way earlier on is inexcusable.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Toyota has a Hybrid.
Literally a Toyota plagerized version of the Powerboost, (3.5 liter Twin Turbo VVT V6) except according to Toyota spokesman, their customers weren't interested in a generator onboard. 🙄

So why the Ram, considering your desire for a Hybrid?
Sponsored