Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
well gents and people
did a dtc clear, ran live data on forscan and got her up to 70 SOC
pressed the update now and it hal said get out, lock doors etc

then i got a message in ford pass a few minutes later to schedule a time as truck was ready to go
so i go out and select 530 pm
i am sitting in the cave watching top gear and BOOM get a message 6.50.0 update successfully

WTF....
thanks to rugedraw for the screen shots of fdrs and his patience (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
its a success, another community POSITIVE
Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Any reason why mine continually fails this? Every day it reschedules, and I believe right now the battery is at a proper SOC (but I'm using chime tones as my source lol). It is always interrupted by another process. Unfortunately there is no option to start it updating, it wants to do it all on its own, its a big girl now!

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
Any reason why mine continually fails this? Every day it reschedules, and I believe right now the battery is at a proper SOC (but I'm using chime tones as my source lol). It is always interrupted by another process. Unfortunately there is no option to start it updating, it wants to do it all on its own, its a big girl now!
In my case, it was the SOC. Same issues as you, truck was trying to install 6.5 for over a week. I drove the heck out of my truck and nothing, still failed. Had an appointment with the dealer yesterday and asked them to check my battery while they had it. The battery failed and they installed a new one. Woke up this morning and boom- 6.5 installed!

darkhorse

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
retired
I'm jealous (and happy for you) of all you guys who are getting OTA updates... I went to the dealer yesterday to see if anything was wrong. No updates on my vehicle since March 2023 (which was the date of manufacture)... and they looked up my VIN and said no OTA updates are scheduled. :(

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
"Interrupted by another process" is just another way of saying battery is too low to update.

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I am jealous of you folks who are getting OTAs. I had a brief period way back in '22 when they were coming in pretty frequently, but now... not so much.

I've been stuck on 4.2.4 since May 9, 2023. :-(

Dvcpro13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5L Ecoboost 502a Agate Black
I am jealous of you folks who are getting OTAs. I had a brief period way back in '22 when they were coming in pretty frequently, but now... not so much.

I've been stuck on 4.2.4 since May 9, 2023. :-(
I'm in the same boat as you. I got 4.2.1 on January 24. I had my truck in at the dealer last week and they said they updated the APIM and PCM whatever that means. It did improve my Sync version to 23159. I suppose if I stayed off these forums I'd never know what I was missing but being so far behind kinda cheeses me off tbh.

Ford F-150 Power-Up 6.5.0 Installed IMG_0184

Ford F-150 Power-Up 6.5.0 Installed IMG_0186

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Well it looks like mine has decided that enough is enough, and it won't reschedule. Just says 6.5.0 is not completed. I haven't had the chime issue for a few days as the weather got better, so maybe the battery hasn't dipped as much. Sometimes it does say Ford F150 Saved. Not sure what that is about.

Sponsored

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible
Well it looks like mine has decided that enough is enough, and it won't reschedule. Just says 6.5.0 is not completed. I haven't had the chime issue for a few days as the weather got better, so maybe the battery hasn't dipped as much. Sometimes it does say Ford F150 Saved. Not sure what that is about.
It has to be your battery SOC. I had the same issues, took my truck to the dealer and the battery failed, had a new battery replaced under warranty. 6.5.0 installed that evening. Try a trickle charger or replace the battery.

z-man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
This may have been posted before and if so I apologize.

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Mine updated yesterday without issues. 1 month after my 1 year anniversary with the truck.
I take the truck to work 3 days a week, typically 30 mins each way (I drive the wife's car the other 2)
Sponsored