Sponsored

Photo of 2021 non-work surface tail gate wanted

Warclok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost limited
I have a 2021 Limited with the work surface tail gate. Does anyone have a 2021 F150 without the work surface tailgate, and if so, can you kindly post a few photos of the tailgate open plz....ty!!!

I want to know if I can replace the work surface with a non-worksurface, or if the tail gate has to be entirely replaced. I am trying to slide the stowable ramps onto the tailgate but I have not seen a 2021 with the rod that runs across the tail gate.

Thanks, Ruben
Sponsored

OP
OP

Warclok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you Flat, this has left me even more confused as too what the diff is btwn these two Ford ramps. One is a 2021 the other is a 2015-2020. But the photos are identical, so what is the diff. I called a dealer they have no clue...

FORD RAMPS

ML3Z-99286F56-B

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/ml3z-99286f56-b.html

FL3Z-99286F56-C

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/fl3z-99286f56-c.html

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Thank you Flat, this has left me even more confused as too what the diff is btwn these two Ford ramps. One is a 2021 the other is a 2015-2020. But the photos are identical, so what is the diff. I called a dealer they have no clue...
The tailgates look the same. But one says 'kit' and one says 'ramp - set of 2.' I'm guessing the kit includes the tailgate part and the set of 2 is just the ramps. My dealer does force you to prepay, just order the 'kit' it should be everything you need and it's for a '21.

OP
OP

Warclok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The tailgates look the same. But one says 'kit' and one says 'ramp - set of 2.' I'm guessing the kit includes the tailgate part and the set of 2 is just the ramps. My dealer does force you to prepay, just order the 'kit' it should be everything you need and it's for a '21.
So what I found out today is the power tailgate with work surface cannot be ordered with the ramps. I mean you can get it to work which is what I’m doing, but they don’t list it as an available option. The power tailgate has different mounting holes for the plastic or metal piece on the surface when you drop the tail gate as compared to the standard tail gate.
I ordered the 2015-2020 kit today and I will simply modify the tail gate bracket that has the ramp railing to secure the ramps, onto my tailgate. I’ll prolly cut the bracket and screw it onto the furthest rear/top point of my tailgate, so I have the ramp railing available.
Sponsored