Sponsored

Non work surface middle console

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
I swear I saw a video somewhere that showed the middle Console having a deep storage as well as a second shallow storage compartment just under the padding that opened up. This is for the non-worksurface console. It just seems like there is a hollow compartment under the top when you open it up. Am I missing something here?
Sponsored

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
Mine only has the deep storage. If there is a pocket in the lid, I have not seen it.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I swear I saw a video somewhere that showed the middle Console having a deep storage as well as a second shallow storage compartment just under the padding that opened up. This is for the non-worksurface console. It just seems like there is a hollow compartment under the top when you open it up. Am I missing something here?
Is this what you're referring to?
Ford F-150 Non work surface middle console PXL_20210310_223244234

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
The lid isn't a storage bin. Wish it was... Wish the lid slid back instead of swinging up to open.

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
@bgrohmann is referring to the middle console lid, in which there is an obvious 'void' in the middle of it that could be used for storage. I noticed this the first time I sat in the truck and couldn't figure out why that big a** lid couldn't be used for storage. My sales guy thought the same thing, but it seems that it's just going to remain a useless wastes of space until something comes along and tries to find a way to use it effectively.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
It is definitely possible to have storage in there, as my wife's 2014 infiniti has storage in the lid, and deep storage under the lid. It had to have been another vehicle that the video you saw was. I'm sure it's common, but not on F150s.
Sponsored