First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
They are decorative rings. Just something to add a little bling to the interior. I got them from Amazon. They just press fit on. The one for the drivers heat was a tad to big. Little bit of double sided tape took care of the problem.
they do give it a different look, one would think...they would be factory, tied to the ambient lighting and we could select different colors..OOOOPPPS they stopped the multi color a few years back
my wifes edge is all colors as was my expedition, i liked being able to switch it up

i like them
Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
I don't do work or really eat in my truck, so not sure why I would need this but it looks like it would be nice to have anyway. My question is this, if the workstation is folded down, does it cover both cupholders? If it does, you would have thought Ford would have put 2 cup holders recessed into the surface.
It does cover the cup holders, but you can’t be in motion while using that surface so you just put the cups on the surface like a table. There are also the 2 cup holders at the back of the console too.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
what gets me is how ridiculously thick the console cover is and its wasted space. why not have a two piece lid like Ram and have shallow storage up top and the deep well below.
instead we get a stupid tray that is just in the way when you open the lid.

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
As @kobl0019 said, there are a lot of threads on changing it out. Personally, I feel, at least for me, it is the best option out there. Well, almost the best option, but I wasn't sure about getting the option at first. However, now I use it all the time to "Work" on my lunch.

IMG_7400.jpg

Computer-On_work_Surface.jpg

Lunch2_ON_Work_Surface.jpg

Lunch3_On_Work_Surface.jpg
New option for the My24’s: Finger port to measure cholesterol level. Full screen possibly available with a 2025 OTA update.

Last edited:

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Shame you can't drop the shifter when driving and leave the work station open. Would be good for wife having a place to put computer while I drive. I assume there is no forscan setting to let you drop it while in gear :) (like if you on a long roadtrip)
You can if you have the column shift. I swapped a center console in with the work surface and can leave it out when driving but like was said before you cover the cup holders so have to use the rear ones instead.

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
It does cover the cup holders, but you can’t be in motion while using that surface so you just put the cups on the surface like a table. There are also the 2 cup holders at the back of the console too.
There’s no way I would trust setting one or two drinks on the work surface while eating. Just seeing these pictures with fountain sodas not secured in a cup holder gives me anxiety. Having two kids you quickly realize that at any moment your nice quiet fast food stop can turn into chaos in the blink of an eye resulting in said fountain sodas ending up on the floor. I just think it would have been a nice feature to incorporate them into the work surface.

Red Dog

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I went with the XLT because I wanted the column shifter and the work surface. The column shifter frees up precious space on the console when using the work surface or not. I'm not sure what the advantage is of the console shifter but I guess that's why they make more than vanilla ice cream!

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
what gets me is how ridiculously thick the console cover is and its wasted space. why not have a two piece lid like Ram and have shallow storage up top and the deep well below.
instead we get a stupid tray that is just in the way when you open the lid.
Agreed! GM trucks also have a shallow pocket. Small but still useful for things. Never enough storage available , I swear!

I'm not sure what the advantage is of the console shifter but I guess that's why they make more than vanilla ice cream!
If i had ordered my own new build, I would have chosen bench/column shifter. Nothing WRONG with console shifter but:
- wasted space. Other than small motor and cabling underneath, I can’t imagine it taking up much space that could be used for other things
- on occasion you need to move to other seat (like, I parked too close to something and gave up re-trying, lol), it’s one more thing to catch your feet. (I honestly forget that it still goes flat, even tho I don’t have work surface)
- the passenger can’t use the work surface while driving. That to me is silly and lost opportunity.
- the motor to move shifter flat sounds like it’s about to die, from the first use. Does not give me confidence in longetivity.
- if the motor/gearing fails (with it down), not clear what you do then. I’m sure there’s a work Around, haven’t looked for one yet.

It’s a comfortable place to put your hand while driving, I’ll give it that!
Sponsored