Sponsored

Work Surface vs Non Work Surface Console

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Random question…

I was reading and saw someone said they notice the work surface console is less comfortable compared to the non work surface? Is this true when it comes to the cushion? Is there a slight difference or not really? I’ve seen other people say it’s just as comfortable and there’s no difference?

Can can anyone chime in, I have my truck coming in with the work surface.
Sponsored

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
I just traded a 22 xlt for a 22 lariat I ordered. The XLT did not have the surface and the Lariat does. Absolutely no discernable difference to me. Originally my Lariat order did not have the work surface and I ended up having it added about a month after the order was initially filed. I am very glad I did.

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I just traded a 22 xlt for a 22 lariat I ordered. The XLT did not have the surface and the Lariat does. Absolutely no discernable difference to me. Originally my Lariat order did not have the work surface and I ended up having it added about a month after the order was initially filed. I am very glad I did.
Awesome good to hear, I wouldn’t think it would make a difference comfort wise, thanks for feedback!

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
I’m very happy with mine too. Have had my 22 platinum for 10 days now, and I used the the work surface a couple times, and I don’t feel any problems comparing to my 19 KR, that of course didn’t have it. Yes it’s different from the previous generation, but I got used to it within a few hrs, and really like the option. But that’s just me.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I have the work surface and find the cushioning to be plenty. However, I am curious if the non-work surface console lid has a longer cushion, since it doesn't have the hand slot near the rear to open the work surface. I guess I have long forearms, and I find that my elbow sometimes rests uncomfortably on the hard plastic hand slot near the rear when my hand is resting on the weird console shifter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I have the work surface and find the cushioning to be plenty. However, I am curious if the non-work surface console lid has a longer cushion, since it doesn't have the hand slot near the rear to open the work surface. I guess I have long forearms, and I find that my elbow sometimes rests uncomfortably on the hard plastic hand slot near the rear when my hand is resting on the weird console shifter.
Hmm good to know, I guess as long as the elbow is resting on the cushion it will be ok

OP
OP
STexas90

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I’m very happy with mine too. Have had my 22 platinum for 10 days now, and I used the the work surface a couple times, and I don’t feel any problems comparing to my 19 KR, that of course didn’t have it. Yes it’s different from the previous generation, but I got used to it within a few hrs, and really like the option. But that’s just me.
Thanks for response, that’s good to know!

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Random question…

I was reading and saw someone said they notice the work surface console is less comfortable compared to the non work surface? Is this true when it comes to the cushion? Is there a slight difference or not really? I’ve seen other people say it’s just as comfortable and there’s no difference?

Can can anyone chime in, I have my truck coming in with the work surface.
I have work surface. Very comfy.. dont worry..

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
With the lunch (aka work) surface and now I loose way less French fries to the under seat gnomes! :LOL:

Last edited: