Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Sorry for the late reply! I have some youtubers working on some videos, but they still have not surfaced yet unfortunately. The instructions will have everything you need though!
Great! I'll be on the lookout for them and if you hear that have been posted to youtube, let us know!
Sponsored

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
Finally got around to installing the one with the remote control today. Smooth install and great instructions, the hardest part was figuring out where the speaker was hiding. Works great, looking forward to the silence when reversing with the trailer!

One area I diverged from the instructions was to put an inline fuse holder on the positive side (just a personal preference). Downside was it made the fishing the positive wire over to the battery a bit harder, so perhaps better to add it to the harness after the wire was run (vs on the bench).

GEM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Just installed the remote control version today on our'23 Powerboost. Install went smoothly thanks to good directions. This really solves a big problem for me as I bought the truck to tow our travel trailer. Just did not want to try backing in to a spot in a quiet National Forest campground with that incessant bonging ....Thank you Megaohm. Great product!

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just installed the remote control version today on our'23 Powerboost. Install went smoothly thanks to good directions. This really solves a big problem for me as I bought the truck to tow our travel trailer. Just did not want to try backing in to a spot in a quiet National Forest campground with that incessant bonging ....Thank you Megaohm. Great product!
Thanks for the feedback! Hearing from our customers like this is what we live for.

Ry55

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost SuperCrew 6.5'
Thanks for the feedback! Hearing from our customers like this is what we live for.
Still waiting on my truck but just ordered the speaker bypass kit and fuel door pin. I had no idea there was a backup alarm to accompany the spaceship noises. Yikes. Thanks for making this an easy day #1 of ownership fix!

Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Just ordered a standard bypass kit - looking forward to it. Wasnt going to do the speaker delete but, had to remove the speaker altogether to fit a CVF Titan 2 intercooler.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just ordered a standard bypass kit - looking forward to it. Wasnt going to do the speaker delete but, had to remove the speaker altogether to fit a CVF Titan 2 intercooler.
Be sure to grab a door pin too! If anyone is interested in a billet fuel door pin and was a previous customer, I will give you free shipping. Just PM me here or from the contact form on the website.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Be sure to grab a door pin too! If anyone is interested in a billet fuel door pin and was a previous customer, I will give you free shipping. Just PM me here or from the contact form on the website.
Thanks! BTW, your product looks well made and sturdy.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks! BTW, your product looks well made and sturdy.
That's what we pride ourselves on is our build quality. We are trying to make our stuff outlast the truck :cool:

Sponsored

JMoney17$

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PowerBoost
I just installed the version with the remote control last night. Unit looks very robust! Directions were clear. Easy to install. I ended up using some double sided tape and attached the actual device underneath the air intake so it would not be rattling around.

Works as advertised. I purchased the billet gas door pin but will wait to install that until I have a problem I think.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Not sure if you have a good lawyer, but you best keep things protected in trusts and LLCs with no comingling. You're playing in a realm that doesn't bode well.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just installed the version with the remote control last night. Unit looks very robust! Directions were clear. Easy to install. I ended up using some double sided tape and attached the actual device underneath the air intake so it would not be rattling around.

Works as advertised. I purchased the billet gas door pin but will wait to install that until I have a problem I think.
Awesome! I would keep the door pin handy in the truck if that's the case. It wont do you any good sitting at home when it breaks!

fordboost

First Name
tdot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 boost
Figured I'd put this into a new thread just for visibility. I know many have wanted to disable the pedestrian sounder (The device making the "groaning" fake engine sound as well as the backup alarm) on the PowerBoost. Full credit goes to PeteRit's post here, I just made some directions for anyone who would like to give it a try themselves.

Obligatory Disclaimer: The pedestrian sounder is obviously a safety device, and is there for a reason. Any modifications you do to your truck are entirely your own responsibility.

With that out of the way, here's the relatively simple process of bypassing the sounder. The best part of this workaround is it's barely 5 minutes to revert the change and put everything back as it was from the factory if you ever need to.

What's needed:
- Tailgate delete connector (Look in your glovebox for the bag of connectors, we're going to use one of them)
- 1x 25w 4ohm Resistor (This will work)
- 2x 1.5mm male connector pins (This kit should work. Has a lot more than you need, but is cheap enough and may come in handy later, I'm sure you could get just the pins somewhere else for cheaper if you wanted.)
- Some scrap 18-20AWG wire (Around 6-8" is all you should need)
- Some shrink tube or tape to seal things up
- A soldering iron

For those not feeling too adventurous, @WillB17 had the entrepreneurial spirit to start selling these. You can purchase one from him here.

Assemble the bypass device:
- Crimp/solder your two pins to some wire and insert them into the connector (These should snap into place when properly inserted and not want to come back out)
- Solder in the resistor to connect the two leads on your pins, here’s what mine looked like
1633006678390.png

- Clean everything up a bit by securing it all together, I used some shrink tube and will probably add some additional protection later to waterproof it better
1633006688693.png

Install the bypass device:
- Disconnect your sounder module and plug your resistor setup into the harness that came off of the module
- I’d recommend covering up the connector on the module to keep it clean for potential future use and securing your new connector somewhere so it’s not just dangling around
- You're all done - the sounder will now be completely eliminated and no codes/lights should be present at all. In the event you ever need to put things back, all you need to do is unplug your "bypass device" and plug the sounder back in. No factory wiring is modified at all.
can someone explain this one a little bit further . What are the pins used for ? . Does the tailgate connector fit in to the speaker plug ? Same pins ?
I have a 25w 4.7 ohm resistor. And the tailgate kit. But confused where the pins would go.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I would love to see a vid of that new P3 V3 you got coming. That looks outstanding.
Sponsored