Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
@WillB17 have you got a source for the blue caps? Mine seems to be gone for good now and I'd really like to have the speaker capped. I'll order a couple just in case.
I actually designed them myself and 3D print them out of TPU. Shoot me a PM and we can get some coming your way
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Just a minute ago I removed the PSD since truck is going in for service tomorrow for the rear brake assist not available message in the instrument cluster after LINE-X install. It was actually much easier to put back to original than install the first time due to my large hands, hah. What is interesting is that while under the truck, I saw these two very long rubber bands that I have no idea why they are there. They look like they are just hanging and not doing anything almost like they forgot about them at the factory when unbundling harnesses or something. Does anyone else have these two rubber bands just hanging ?

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 1640710354478

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 1640710241417

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 1640710546021

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 1640710453067

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 1640710504140

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just a minute ago I removed the PSD since truck is going in for service tomorrow for the rear brake assist not available message in the instrument cluster after LINE-X install. It was actually much easier to put back to original than install the first time due to my large hands, hah. What is interesting is that while under the truck, I saw these two very long rubber bands that I have no idea why they are there. They look like they are just hanging and not doing anything almost like they forgot about them at the factory when unbundling harnesses or something. Does anyone else have these two rubber bands just hanging ?

1640710354478.png

1640710241417.png

1640710546021.png

1640710453067.png

1640710504140.png
Interesting! I don't have them on my truck and neither does my buddy, must of been left in there by assembly techs unfortunately.

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi Guys, so to make things hopefully easier I have created a website for purchasing the PSD. Paypal is the only way I can take payments on there, so if you wish to obtain one a different way, please feel free to PM me so we can work it out. This was a big step for me as it was pretty overwhelming to manage everything from an excel spreadsheet. Check out the website below! Its a free platform as I am trying to keep my costs as low as possible so I can pass the savings on to you as well.

Purchasing items on the site is fully functional and I am hoping to have some hyperlinks in the future for installation documents. The website is very limited and only allows me one photo per item unfortunately. Please feel free to spread the word anywhere you think its needed! Thank you everyone for the continued support ❤

https://megaohmmotorsports.bigcartel.com/

@xtraman122 can you update your OP again to include the website for future purchases?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Truck went in yesterday and had TSB applied for reverse brake assist unavailable after tailgate removal. Reinstalled the PSD this morning and removed the two rubber bands. This time it took me a bit longer to get the plug off the speaker. But after a nice little scratch on my left hand and a little phone flashlight brandishing, about 5min later, it came off and we're in business again. The easy way to put the blue cap on is use a rainbird tool and let it hold the cap until you put it on. Works great. Again, this PSD is such a great little mod. Thank you @WillB17 again and again and again.

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 1640875080368

TVR

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
Occupation
Business Owner
by far the best money I've ever spent on this truck so far...I would have paid 5x the amount to get rid of the stupid backup noise and pedestrian sounder noise. Thanks a ton! Great product!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Hi Guys, so to make things hopefully easier I have created a website for purchasing the PSD. Paypal is the only way I can take payments on there, so if you wish to obtain one a different way, please feel free to PM me so we can work it out. This was a big step for me as it was pretty overwhelming to manage everything from an excel spreadsheet. Check out the website below! Its a free platform as I am trying to keep my costs as low as possible so I can pass the savings on to you as well.

Purchasing items on the site is fully functional and I am hoping to have some hyperlinks in the future for installation documents. The website is very limited and only allows me one photo per item unfortunately. Please feel free to spread the word anywhere you think its needed! Thank you everyone for the continued support ❤

https://megaohmmotorsports.bigcartel.com/

@xtraman122 can you update your OP again to include the website for future purchases?
Now I wish I had the extreme condition version you're now offering on the site. It looks so much better, almost OEM, and will probably be better overall for all climates. My suggestion is to only sell that newer version. Just some free market research, lol. It looks really good.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now I wish I had the extreme condition version you're now offering on the site. It looks so much better, almost OEM, and will probably be better overall for all climates. My suggestion is to only sell that newer version. Just some free market research, lol. It looks really good.
This was the struggle I was having with myself and launching the site. I think you are right and this is the only way to safeguard things entirely. I love aluminum but its not indestructible to the elements. Also, if you for whatever reason have an issue with yours, I will send you the Extreme conditions one :)

Sponsored

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
This was the struggle I was having with myself and launching the site. I think you are right and this is the only way to safeguard things entirely. I love aluminum but its not indestructible to the elements. Also, if you for whatever reason have an issue with yours, I will send you the Extreme conditions one :)
Appreciate you standing behind it (and hope this applies to me too :D )! Our first significant snowfall Is expected this weekend, so the salt is about to begin. Your shrink tubing on the non-extreme one looks up to the challenge, and I’ll be curious to see how it does this winter. I just finished my 1800 mile drive from Arizona back to Illinois, and the PSD is so fabulous. No more “bonk bonk bonk” reversing out of a parking spot when leaving the hotels in the early morning. It was downright embarrassing before in drive-throughs, sounding like an alien biplane.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Appreciate you standing behind it (and hope this applies to me too :D )! Our first significant snowfall Is expected this weekend, so the salt is about to begin. Your shrink tubing on the non-extreme one looks up to the challenge, and I’ll be curious to see how it does this winter. I just finished my 1800 mile drive from Arizona back to Illinois, and the PSD is so fabulous. No more “bonk bonk bonk” reversing out of a parking spot when leaving the hotels in the early morning. It was downright embarrassing before in drive-throughs, sounding like an alien biplane.
Yes of course! It applies to anyone. I am willing to work with people for up to a year on the standard kits and if they need a replacement that better protects, I’m more than happy to help.

OP
OP

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
YES, I had the same rubber bands, but noticed mine at the top of the engine bay with the hood open when I first took delivery. No idea what they’re there for, only thing that made sense was something to do with assembly.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
YES, I had the same rubber bands, but noticed mine at the top of the engine bay with the hood open when I first took delivery. No idea what they’re there for, only thing that made sense was something to do with assembly.
yeah, I was able to remove one of them from the bottom, but the other one I removed from the top. They were just hanging on to some of the tubes/wires running through the engine bay.
Sponsored