Sponsored

Over 10 Months Still No King Ranch F150 VIN Number or Delivery Date!

ToolManDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Occupation
Pump Service Manager
I ordered my 2021 King Ranch May 24, 2021. The dealer or Ford lost my order and entered a new order October 12, 2021. Truck changed to a 2022, but as of March 29th, 2022 still no VIN number or delivery information. My daughter took a tour of the Ford Dearborn truck plant last week and was told they produce one F150 every 93 seconds, so why am I still waiting over 10 months? Ford Marketing and the dealer have NO UPDATES! I wonder if I can get a Dodge Ram or Chevrolet Silverado quicker?
Sponsored

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
I ordered my 2021 King Ranch May 24, 2021. The dealer or Ford lost my order and entered a new order October 12, 2021. Truck changed to a 2022, but as of March 29th, 2022 still no VIN number or delivery information. My daughter took a tour of the Ford Dearborn truck plant last week and was told they produce one F150 every 93 seconds, so why am I still waiting over 10 months? Ford Marketing and the dealer have NO UPDATES! I wonder if I can get a Dodge Ram or Chevrolet Silverado quicker?
Wow! Sounds like dealer has failed you. Should have been escalated to zone management at a minimum for priority! Really sorry for your situation....hope you somehow get some satisfactory resolution! Ford's overall communication to customers (and to dealers) leaves a lot to be desired!

OP
OP

ToolManDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Occupation
Pump Service Manager
I was told last October that I had "Priority 1" status........Does that mean "First in last out"?

OP
OP

ToolManDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Occupation
Pump Service Manager
I was told last October that I had "Priority 1" status........Does that mean "First in last out"?
I have complained to the salesman, Salesmanager, New Vehicle Manager, General Manager and none of them respond to me. They dump it down on the Salesman that tells me they don't know anything. I have asked them to contact the regional manager and still no response.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Ask your dealer for a screenshot of the Vehicle Visibility Report Full History. That will show you the current status and everything that has happened with your order from Day 1.

I ask my dealer for a VVR screenshot of my order every week or two.

Sponsored

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
Ask your dealer for a screenshot of the Vehicle Visibility Report Full History. That will show you the current status and everything that has happened with your order from Day 1.

I ask my dealer for a VVR screenshot of my order every week or two.
I tried this and dealer responded that because the truck hasn't been scheduled there is no history to report.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I tried this and dealer responded that because the truck hasn't been scheduled there is no history to report.
That sounds feasible. I received my VIN and first Scheduled Build Week at the same time on Oct 28. Not that it stuck to that schedule! I assume you don't have your VIN yet?

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
I am unscheduled too - nowhere close to your situation though - but asked my dealer for a Vehicle Visibility Report and he is providing to me. He said same thing - all it will show is "unscheduled - clean". I responded that is fine, but I'd like to see it. Getting it tomorrow! Will see....

dvdizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
sad state of affairs.. that this is acceptable when purchasing something so costly

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
only the head honchos at ford can put anything less than priority 10 on your truck. 1 means highest priority. Like your truck was built and caught fire and they have to rebuild it. Or you are the boss’s son.

priority 1 means it should be built like yesterday.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ToolManDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge
Occupation
Pump Service Manager
only the head honchos at ford can put anything less than priority 10 on your truck. 1 means highest priority. Like your truck was built and caught fire and they have to rebuild it. Or you are the boss’s son.

priority 1 means it should be built like yesterday.
Well that didn't happen! My dealer hasn't been much help, and calling Ford Marketing hasn't been much better. Ford marketing staff was nice, but they can't find out much information on my truck, they keep telling me to go back to my dealer, which has not been much help.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
That's outrageous, and you're close to the source! I would say your dealer sucks... Time to cut bait?

mlkrouse

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Sales
It's a full-on MESS, Ford tracking, and updates or beyond awful. I can buy a 5.00 part and track it all the way to my doorstep from around the world. We buy a 70K truck and no one has any idea. absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!! 9 months many of us have been waiting for a truck. Mine was built in early March shipped according to Ford and expected on March 31st. Then on April 2nd, I got this lovely EMAIL from Ford. What in the heck does For your complete satisfaction mean? No one can tell me where my truck is or even if it's really built. Can anyone in this forum help or is Ford even monitoring this page. This is not how you treat customers.

"
THE ESTIMATED ARRIVAL DATE OF YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN UPDATED.
Dear ,

To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 F-150 King Ranch® is delivered to Sheehy Ford of Richmond. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of March 25, 2022, and March 31, 2022, has been updated to between April 12, 2022, and April 18, 2022.

Your dealer will contact you to arrange the delivery and pickup details regarding your new vehicle.

Thank you.
Sponsored