Sponsored

9 months past ordering F150 XLT. No VIN yet !!!

22XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT
I ordered on 10/8/21 and took delivery on 12/29.

I never once received any Ford corporate communication or was successful in using the search engines.

I did however get a VIN# from the dealership about 1 month after my order which put me at ease.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L SCREW FX4 2.0kW
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
I don’t know about Canadian orders. It’s worth a try, though. You’ll need the order code for your truck plus the dealership sales code. Both codes would be on the order sheet that you should have received from your dealer when you placed the order.
Doesn’t hurt to try. I do have Order Number & Dealer Code that I use when I call Ford CSRs. Could you pleas post the chat link? Thanks

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
Lol there’s your answer. I waited almost 16 months for my truck from them. (Picking it up tomorrow)
At this point, it seems inevitably my order will be rolled into 2023. How does pricing works?

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel

Sponsored

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2008 F150
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
Jesus. I just ordered a 22 on 6/24. I hope I don't have to wait anywhere close to as long. I didn't order the higher tech though, 360 camera, pilot assist etc.

Although, those true two toned 2023's are sweet looking. I especially like the black/atlas blue combo. I'd probably be able to get rid of the chrome and have a 6 seater, unlike the 22.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Jesus. I just ordered a 22 on 6/24. I hope I don't have to wait anywhere close to as long. I didn't order the higher tech though, 360 camera, pilot assist etc.
Sadly the order banks for 22's closed in May so if you ordered a 22 at the end of June you probably will not be getting a 22. The dealership should have told you that unless they have some trick up their sleeves.

The end of July is when the order banks open for 23's and I would not expect them to start rolling in to the dealerships until about January 2023.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Are there any fellow F150 XLT customers out there who ordered before or around the same time as I did last year in September 2021, especially in Canada? I customized it as FX4 2.7L 302A 5.5’ box EcoBoost in Carbonized Grey with 360 Camera & 2kW onboard power. Not scheduled for production (No VIN) yet. Any insights from experienced people? Thanks
Wow. I ordered Jan 15 and took delivery May 18ish in Edmonton. As mentioned, I suspect your dealership dropped the ball. Any chance of sourcing one of a lot? XLT in carbonized grey shouldn't be too hard to locate. Might have to be flexible on the 2.7?

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
Wow. I ordered Jan 15 and took delivery May 18ish in Edmonton. As mentioned, I suspect your dealership dropped the ball. Any chance of sourcing one of a lot? XLT in carbonized grey shouldn't be too hard to locate. Might have to be flexible on the 2.7?
I too suspect there is more than what meets the eye. I am keen on FX4 with ProPower that makes it a tough find plus price gouging. Thanks

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Yes. It was rolled into a 2022. Dealer’s response is standard one: Ford decides what to build. Salesman even subtly suggested that I can cancel my order take back deposit. Not much help. I now realize that I made a mistake buying from this dealer but it’s too late now
It is not too late. You can walk away and find something else. Maybe it is not the same in Canada but when I saw what wait times were and how prices were rising I searched nation wide and found almost exactly what I would have ordered had just landed on a lot in a different state. 10 days later I had my truck.

I know you ordered somewhat of a unicorn but mine isn't exactly common either. Ford's inventory search actually allows a lot of filtering and it's just a matter of manipulating the radius a few times to hit the whole country.

Again, I don't know if this works in Canada but if it does give it a try. I generally sell my vehicles myself before buying, so I have weeks or a few months to act, not 6 months or a year to screw around waiting for a truck. By selling myself at retail instead of trading wholesale pricing I can afford to not need to squeeze out every penny on a new truck.

Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
At this point, it seems inevitably my order will be rolled into 2023. How does pricing works?
they honored my original deal.

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
they honored my original deal.
Who was your Salesman, if I may ask? Mine seems like a newbie. Even General Sales Manager Wasim Khaliq is a just a sweet talker, nothing more

Tharnett78

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2008 F150
Occupation
Gas Plant Operator
Sadly the order banks for 22's closed in May so if you ordered a 22 at the end of June you probably will not be getting a 22. The dealership should have told you that unless they have some trick up their sleeves.

The end of July is when the order banks open for 23's and I would not expect them to start rolling in to the dealerships until about January 2023.

Although, those true two toned 2023's are sweet looking. I especially like the black/atlas blue combo. I'd probably be able to get rid of the chrome and have a 6 seater, unlike the 22.
Just talked to the sales manager and she assured me that she was able to order a 22.

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
It is not too late. You can walk away and find something else. Maybe it is not the same in Canada but when I saw what wait times were and how prices were rising I searched nation wide and found almost exactly what I would have ordered had just landed on a lot in a different state. 10 days later I had my truck.

I know you ordered somewhat of a unicorn but mine isn't exactly common either. Ford's inventory search actually allows a lot of filtering and it's just a matter of manipulating the radius a few times to hit the whole country.

Again, I don't know if this works in Canada but if it does give it a try. I generally sell my vehicles myself before buying, so I have weeks or a few months to act, not 6 months or a year to screw around waiting for a truck. By selling myself at retail instead of trading wholesale pricing I can afford to not need to squeeze out every penny on a new truck.
Thanks. I will give it a try

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb