Sponsored

9 months past ordering F150 XLT. No VIN yet !!!

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Now that today I received a VIN and window sticker is not available yet, how much time does it take for it to appear on the tracker? Thanks
I think my window sticker appeared roughly a week after my blend date.

You should be able to track the progress on the trackers as soon as you have the VIN.
Sponsored

JimMoran

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 T-Bird, 2020 Explorer ST, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
retired
Are there any fellow F150 XLT customers out there who ordered before or around the same time as I did last year in September 2021, especially in Canada? I customized it as FX4 2.7L 302A 5.5’ box EcoBoost in Carbonized Grey with 360 Camera & 2kW onboard power. Not scheduled for production (No VIN) yet. Any insights from experienced people? Thanks
I am sorry you have had to wait so long. I ordered 10/29, gave up waiting after seeing trucks ordered after me with my options, or trucks sitting on dealer lots with the same options, but different color. After nearly 8 months of waiting went hunting. Found a truck with all of my options, plus a few extra goodies 150 miles from me. Bought it and am very happy with the truck.

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L SCREW FX4 2.0kW
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
I am sorry you have had to wait so long. I ordered 10/29, gave up waiting after seeing trucks ordered after me with my options, or trucks sitting on dealer lots with the same options, but different color. After nearly 8 months of waiting went hunting. Found a truck with all of my options, plus a few extra goodies 150 miles from me. Bought it and am very happy with the truck.
Happy Trucking!!!

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Almost identical other than Trailer Tow Mirrors. I think Green Sticker means Customer Order. Same dealer. 😳
I wonder if this was originally your order and they forgot to add Tow Mirrors, so had to reorder your truck once the error was noted, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
SaCho what was your priority code on your order by chance?
Even after 9 months, it was only 11, not even 10. Anyways, I received VIN yesterday due to information from great folks on this forum. Now next level of waiting game

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
I wonder if this was originally your order and they forgot to add Tow Mirrors, so had to reorder your truck once the error was noted, lol.
This seems very odd that someone factory ordered almost identical truck from same dealership. So, I called Ford CSR who confirmed VIN has been released but contact dealership for more info. I called dealership and got VIN which is different from that truck’s!!! I did order tracking. Sitting at Order Confirmation stage. No window sticker yet. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This seems very odd that someone factory ordered almost identical truck from same dealership. So, I called Ford CSR who confirmed VIN has been released but contact dealership for more info. I called dealership and got VIN which is different from that trucks’s!!! I did order tracking. Sitting at Order Confirmation stage. No window sticker yet. Thanks for your help
I don't think you'll ever know for sure if that's what happened. Ford CSR can't speculate or wouldn't know and the dealer won't tell you if they made an error ordering your truck at this point. Just seems like an odd coincidence.

Could you buy the truck on their lot and have them install tow mirrors rather than waiting for months on end?

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
I don't think you'll ever know for sure if that's what happened. Ford CSR can't speculate or wouldn't know and the dealer won't tell you if they made an error ordering your truck at this point. Just seems like an odd coincidence.

Could you buy the truck on their lot and have them install tow mirrors rather than waiting for months on end?
Yes. That will save the excruciating pain of waiting forever. I bought this truck with FX4 specifically for Labrador Trip this summer. Too late now. Moreover, dealership might have to order Trailer Tow mirrors from Ford that will bring me back to Square One.

Phil0110

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
Designer
Very sympathize with your situation. I didn't read the thread to the end. Has the problem been resolved?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
Very sympathize with your situation. I didn't read the thread to the end. Has the problem been resolved?
Finally received VIN last week. Now waiting to go into production. Tentative ETA early September, fingers crossed. Thanks

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
Hello all, I am being told that ETA of my truck at dealership is between Aug25-31. How can I find out build date and hence window sticker? Online tracker shows Order Confirmation status at this point. Thank

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Hello all, I am being told that ETA of my truck at dealership is between Aug25-31. How can I find out build date and hence window sticker? Online tracker shows Order Confirmation status at this point. Thank
I would go on to ford chat and give them your VIN and they can tell you what your build week is. Won’t be able to get window sticker till about a week before your build date

OP
OP
SaCho

SaCho

First Name
Travel Bug
Threads
Reaction score
Website
travelbug.info
Vehicles
Occupation
Social Media, Travel
I would go on to ford chat and give them your VIN and they can tell you what your build week is. Won’t be able to get window sticker till about a week before your build date
Thanks. Not sure if chat works for Canadian orders
Sponsored