Sponsored

OT: Anyone still put it in Park ?

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
The opposite feature!

Had this on a Saturn once. If you open the door and look around the rear fender, it doesn't put the vehicle in park, it puts the driver in a chokehold against the steering wheel šŸ¤£

Ford F-150 OT: Anyone still put it in Park ? 1000004341
Sponsored

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
im pretty sure u gotta press the start button twice to completely shut the truck off if youā€™re in drive gearā€¦

OP
OP
9663mu

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
im pretty sure u gotta press the start button twice to completely shut the truck off if youā€™re in drive gearā€¦
Nope just one time šŸ˜‰ come to a stop and push button and watch the magic work! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I was on the brake pedal today when I opened the door and the ebrake didn't engage, just went into park. I think the variable is the truck has to be sitting on auto hold for the ebrake to engage.

Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Excuse the off topic question, wondering if it's just me though. Lately this site seems to be running much slower at times and I often run into issues with pages loading. Happens on my phone and desktop. Seems to have started right after they announced the keyword search feature. Is it just me? This thread in particular I'll have trouble with Page loads especially.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I keep my foot on the brake, put it in Park, engage the ebrake, remove my foot from the brake pedal and push the stop button.

My driveway is uphill and I don't like it rocking back on the transmission. Ok, I'm getting old and I just like doing it that way lol
I'm even a bit more neurotic on the procedure when on a hill....

1. Hold down brake
  2. Shift truck into neutral
  3. Engage ebrake/parking brake
  4. Release brake, allowing truck to rest onto the ebrake only
  5. Shift into Park

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Exactly what you said. And anywhere other than my uphill driveway, if the truck is parked in anything that will put strain on the transmission, the parking brake is engaged. Really not sure why it is so hard to engage in P and shut it down. It is a muscle memory of over 40 years of driving.
My truck detects the incline and the parking brake engages as soon as I put it in park.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
This is a safety feature to cancel out human error, not a convenience feature. This is a habit I'd never get into because once it's burned into my muscle memory good chance I'll do it while driving a vehicle that does not have the feature.

That or the actuator fails at some point. Then I'm standing there one day like a dope with the truck having rolled into something or someone, having to explain to some cop looking at me like i'm retarded that it was supposed to go into P all by itself when I turned it off and got out but something went wrong.
Yeah I should probably break myself of my new habit of just pushing the shutoff button then opening the door to get out...

MattV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS-V, 2023 RCSB F150
Bored today fellas so spare me. Anyone else like me just turn the truck off when getting out and let it go to Park by itself ?
I know laziness 101 , don't judge me! šŸ˜
No, but Iā€™m going to start!

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Don't know, it just does it. It's not hurting anything so I'll leave it alone.
I am pretty sure you have it set up to engage parking brake every time you put it in P, it has nothing to do with incline or decline.
Sponsored