Sponsored

Pedestrian Alert System - Anyone else annoyed by it?

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
There is a law, but it says nothing about making the vehicle sound like a sick dump truck backing up. That's pretty much THE complaint about the dumb thing.
Doing some googling the closest thing I can find is a NHTSA Rule. Don't know if that is a law or how it affects people modifying it.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Doing some googling the closest thing I can find is a NHTSA Rule. Don't know if that is a law or how it affects people modifying it.
They have no enforcement arm so do with it what you will.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
A fellow where I worked came in one Monday and told everyone that his grandparents were visiting and the backed over and killed his 3-year old child. Lots of factors including lack of parental supervision of the young child and lack of a backup camera on the grandparent's car, but regardless the grandparents have to live with the knowledge they killed their grandchild.

Motorists hitting pedestrians has increased greatly with the widespread use of cell phones that result in distracted drivers not paying attention to what is in front or around their vehicle. People are too addicted to their cell phones and too cheap to use a $15 hands free device so the feds have to step in with warning systems to try to compensate.

darkhorse

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
retired
I'd like to do the 25W 4 Ohm resistor mod, but, along with a switch to enable and disable it as needed. Would use the speaker +/- wires going to the PACM under the passenger glovebox instead of externally where the speaker is.

Was wondering how the resistor value was calculated? How hot will that resistor get when using the resistor to simulate the load that the speaker normally used?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
A fellow where I worked came in one Monday and told everyone that his grandparents were visiting and the backed over and killed his 3-year old child. Lots of factors including lack of parental supervision of the young child and lack of a backup camera on the grandparent's car, but regardless the grandparents have to live with the knowledge they killed their grandchild.

Motorists hitting pedestrians has increased greatly with the widespread use of cell phones that result in distracted drivers not paying attention to what is in front or around their vehicle. People are too addicted to their cell phones and too cheap to use a $15 hands free device so the feds have to step in with warning systems to try to compensate.
That is a sad story for sure but I think they gone too far on certain trucks.

I have back up camera, rear sensors that automatically stop the vehicle and the back up sound (which I have by passed). I don't think a 3 year old or many other young ages would know what that sound means or notice. The sensors is a better idea and I have them.

Sponsored

darkhorse

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
That is a sad story for sure but I think they gone too far on certain trucks.

I have back up camera, rear sensors that automatically stop the vehicle and the back up sound (which I have by passed). I don't think a 3 year old or many other young ages would know what that sound means or notice. The sensors is a better idea and I have them.
That's why I'd like to enable a switch to turn this mod on/off... when offroad or in a low risk area, I can turn the system off, but when in town, etc I can easily enable it.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram / wire colors for the PACM located on the passenger side under the glove box? I need to tap into it and find which wires are for the external pedestrian warning speaker. Thanks.

darkhorse

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Found it... posting here in case others need it...
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Alert System - Anyone else annoyed by it? 1704999712476
Sponsored