Sponsored

Pedestrian Alert System - Anyone else annoyed by it?

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Someone in my sub recently bought a Porsche Taycan. All electric and you can hear it coming at least an 1/8 mile away. I don't know what noises it makes in reverse. But it'll not be able to sneek up on you. It's way louder than the F150.
Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Bought mine a while back from WillB17 and just finally got a dry day to install it. Unreal the difference! I even turned off the "unleashed" sound system after installation and just enjoyed the quiet. I was surprised at absence of any squeaks or rattles in my truck. It is quiet as a mouse. I have only 2800 miles but am impressed with this truck. Even in 40's temp weather with ethonol added winter mix gas, I still see 20 mpg by computer. Happy camper here! My son bought a new Toyota Hybrid Prime and its speaker sound effect sounds like metal to metal worn out brakes. Very nice vehicle but seems like they could have figured out a more pleasant sound effect. I think it makes same sound in reverse as forward with no bong, bong, bong like the powerboost has. People give funny blank face looks when the truck backs up. Now it is silent! Maybe it needs the "Kit" from Nightrider TV show scanning amber lightbar in grille....lol

Last edited:

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
The module is in the cab, on passenger side, I had an electronics guy put a switch on the wires by the module, all quiet here now!
Ask him if we could push our own noise over the speaker!

Surf7

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport
I had a piece of foam rubber left from a wall protection kit I bought so my wife wouldn't damage the garage walls anymore. The kit cost $17 and it's useful.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H79DWRM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cut a 5" piece and pushed it paper side down (toward the floor) into the space between the speaker grill and the plastic trim piece below it. I tried to use the sticky side of the foam rubber first but it stuck to everything it touched and I couldn't get it into place. The foam rubber is pressed firmly against the speaker grill and overlaps on all sides. It's a snug fit, the plastic trim piece flexes enough for you to slide the foam rubber in and then springs up against it and it won't ever fall out, but you can remove it any time you want.

The foam is 1 1/4" thick by 4" wide and fairly dense. You might still hear some noise but it will be quieter.
Thank you for this. Just bought/installed that same foam. Took me 3 min. Cut the sound by at least 50% if not more. Much less annoying outside the truck but still a warning to pedestrians. Spaceship sound not audible in the cab with the windows up. back up beep barely audible inside. My neighbors will be very pleased.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
It's just tied to reverse not to electric /ice. Except for the first time I back up in the morning, it's in electric anyway. We don't need any more computer functions on this thing than there are.... At least in my opinion.
NOPE,
It is also tied to all forward motion p to about 25 MPH.
For me, it is useless. I am rarely in a situation around pedestrians. It's annoying to back out of a quiet garage on 10 acres and wake everyone in the house at 5AM every morning. I just unplugged it.

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
No go on unplugging it. Creates a fault on the dash. It's only 74 db anyway.
The fault is simply reset with one touch of a button and does not reappear until you restart the vehicle. 74 db is horrible in the field hunting or in a hollow attached garage at 5AM. You can hear it on the other end of a 125' long 2 story house.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Looks like yours will be there Saturday! You'll be thoroughly impressed with the kit.
Got mine in yesterday and installed it shortly afterwards.

Well made, durable and was an easy install. A bit tight to get to but much easier if you loosen the bottom radiator bracket as suggested in the instructions. Would be just as easy to reverse if needed but I don't see any reason for me to do that till I trade or sell the truck.

Works perfect and no codes, much nicer now on warm days when my window is down. (y)

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Just so everyone here knows, another user solved the PACM module code in forscan so the system can be fooled into thinking it doesn’t need the pedestrian alert control module (so it doesn’t look for one on start up). Then you unplug the PACM under the passenger side dash cover. I will post the thread for anyone the wants a permanent and 100% fix.

I have no sounds at all, and no messages at startup either.