• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordered 2022 Lightning - My Experience

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Not sure but I think the infrastructure bill was not done through reconciliation, enough republicans voted for it. So they saved reconciliation for BBB. I would have to check to be sure though. Edit: 19 including McConnell.
Right it wasn't, but a bill was passed in March for more covid stuff.
Sponsored

MD56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Potentially interesting turn of events today. Email inquiries to my dealer have been totally ignored, so today i decide to phone in a call. Got on the phone with Internet Sales. Gentleman shared that there had been an internal sales meeting today. "We were told that while order banks did open on the 6th, we would not be able to actually submit orders for another few weeks". My whole goal with the call was to try and find someone friendly and strike a relationship so i didn't press too hard or question. So in our lingo, i interpret this to mean that my dealer has not received any wave 1 allocation. More interesting than that though, I asked if he could help me understand where I stood in line amongst other reservations at his dealership. He asked for my information, put me on hold for a few minutes and when he came back he said "Hey are you able to send me a PDF copy of your Build? If so we'll get you pushed to the front of the line since you're ready to go". I didn't waste any time and sent it right over.

Honestly, i'll be shocked if this is more than just sales "lets see what we can do" talk, but hey it adds a little excitement to the day. We'll see!

Deleted member 9341

Potentially interesting turn of events today. Email inquiries to my dealer have been totally ignored, so today i decide to phone in a call. Got on the phone with Internet Sales. Gentleman shared that there had been an internal sales meeting today. "We were told that while order banks did open on the 6th, we would not be able to actually submit orders for another few weeks". My whole goal with the call was to try and find someone friendly and strike a relationship so i didn't press too hard or question. So in our lingo, i interpret this to mean that my dealer has not received any wave 1 allocation. More interesting than that though, I asked if he could help me understand where I stood in line amongst other reservations at his dealership. He asked for my information, put me on hold for a few minutes and when he came back he said "Hey are you able to send me a PDF copy of your Build? If so we'll get you pushed to the front of the line since you're ready to go". I didn't waste any time and sent it right over.

Honestly, i'll be shocked if this is more than just sales "lets see what we can do" talk, but hey it adds a little excitement to the day. We'll see!
My experience with buying this truck reminds me exactly why I stopped buying American vehicles and switched to Germans. It’s the dealers. For me personally, the experience is night and day. Thanks for sharing. Validated what I was thinking already.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Who else is tired of this process? I know good things comes to those who wait but waiting for a "wave" to come.... this is a bit annoying.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
My experience with buying this truck reminds me exactly why I stopped buying American vehicles and switched to Germans. It’s the dealers. For me personally, the experience is night and day. Thanks for sharing. Validated what I was thinking already.
I have been eyeballing the Q4 Etron Sportback! But I need a truck lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Who else is tired of this process? I know good things comes to those who wait but waiting for a "wave" to come.... this is a bit annoying.
Obviously, you are not a New Jersey Nor'easter Surfer:D

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
the fatigue is directly proportional to the number of times you either check this forum for updates or google “Ford F-150 Lightning”.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have been eyeballing the Q4 Etron Sportback! But I need a truck lol.
Since my wife got her Mach-e I have really had EV fever as well, but I need something with a bare minimum of 4.5 feet behind the 2nd row to haul equipment for my robotics team and there is nothing on the market that can do that.

MD56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning

Update - bubble was burst almost immediately lol. Salesman contacted me back to warn me that certain add-ons would delay delivery time (specifically spray on bedliner) which i appreciated... but then this exchange broke out:

Salesman: Oh and i discussed with the lady who manages our order system, we cant place an order until you receive an invitation from Ford

Me: Well my understanding is that each dealership has a queue of reservations that dictates the invitation ordering

Salesman: Now i'm confused, my order lady just told me that there will be 4 waves of orders, and your invitation will determine what wave you fall into

Me: Would you mind following up? Per the information out there, each dealership submits a prioritized list of their reservations to Ford in order to prioritize those invitations.

Salesman: [sigh] yes I will, they have given us very little information for something which seems like it's going to have a huge demand...

Deleted member 9341

Update - bubble was burst almost immediately lol. Salesman contacted me back to warn me that certain add-ons would delay delivery time (specifically spray on bedliner) which i appreciated... but then this exchange broke out:

Salesman: Oh and i discussed with the lady who manages our order system, we cant place an order until you receive an invitation from Ford

Me: Well my understanding is that each dealership has a queue of reservations that dictates the invitation ordering

Salesman: Now i'm confused, my order lady just told me that there will be 4 waves of orders, and your invitation will determine what wave you fall into

Me: Would you mind following up? Per the information out there, each dealership submits a prioritized list of their reservations to Ford in order to prioritize those invitations.

Salesman: [sigh] yes I will, they have given us very little information for something which seems like it's going to have a huge demand...
Sounds right based on all the other posts. It’s a complete shit show of a launch. I’m genuinely embarrassed for Ford. It’s takes a real effort to f something up this badly. It’s like the learned nothing after the last Explorer debacle. I don’t get it. SMH

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Did you get in for Wave 2?

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Did you get in for Wave 2?
Can Not Believe Dealer. Said I was in Wave #1...NOPE.
Said I was in Wave #2...NOPE.
Even Got Email from Owner Saying..."You Are Our #1 Guaranteed!"
Hoping for Wave #3.
Now Thinking Since Ford Switched Me to New Dealer (Only Name Change) I am Lost in Some Database. No Way to Check since My Online Reservation Page Disappeared in December. Ford did not reply to my 3 Emails. Telephone to Ford Nice Lady said Everything is Good.

Maybe GOOD FOR HER...Not So Much for Me.:devilish:

Maybe My Silverado E First 10 Minute Reservation at #1 Silverado Dealer will work out better Next January.:D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Sounds right based on all the other posts. It’s a complete shit show of a launch. I’m genuinely embarrassed for Ford. It’s takes a real effort to f something up this badly. It’s like the learned nothing after the last Explorer debacle. I don’t get it. SMH
If you think this is a shitshow, it's just getting started. Go look at the Bronco forums. I'm now over 550 days since my first night reservation and my bronco has been stuck "in production" for over a month with no communication from ford what so ever. I'm really contemplating my F150L reservation after living through the bronco debacle.

Deleted member 9341

If you think this is a shitshow, it's just getting started. Go look at the Bronco forums. I'm now over 550 days since my first night reservation and my bronco has been stuck "in production" for over a month with no communication from ford what so ever. I'm really contemplating my F150L reservation after living through the bronco debacle.
Yeah I read some of those. It’s truly amateur hour.

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Maybe Ford will Reimburse those in your situation for your loss in Depreciation for MY2021 to Delivery in 2023 and maybe offset Dealer ADM? NOT.
Sponsored