• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordered 2022 Lightning - My Experience

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thursday, January 6, 2022

Drove to dealer for 9:00 am appointment.

Placed order for 2022 Lariat F150L (Base + 511A + Max Tow) $80,034 (incl. Des. Chg.)

Received Countersigned Purchase Order from Finance Mgr. Guaranteeing No Additional Charges at delivery.

IRS MSRP = $80,034 - $1,695 = $78,339

Order Bank not yet open and I have not yet received an invite from Ford.

Finance Mgr. spoke with Regional Sales Rep who also checked my Ford Reservation which states 1st Wave. He believes order bank will open only when West Coast Dealers open at 9:00 am PST.

Dealer will email me confirmation of Order Acceptance by Ford whenever it happens now or two weeks from now. He promised to keep trying upload order all day long.

Actually, heavy snow is falling here so he has no customers, only donuts and coffee.

So dealer confirmed MSRP reported to IRS is minus the destination? That bodes well for those of us right at the $80k limit should the BBB pass...

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
So dealer confirmed MSRP reported to IRS is minus the destination? That bodes well for those of us right at the $80k limit should the BBB pass...
YES

Better to cover your Ass just in case. I qualify for the entire $7,500 next year on my taxes also.

I do believe 100% than the GM Lobbyists are now full bore pushing Congress to pass a new friendly EV Credit this year for their benefit. I also got a low Reservation # yesterday on the 2024 Silberado E. (Just in Case don't ya know).

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YES

Better to cover your Ass just in case. I qualify for the entire $7,500 next year on my taxes also.

I do believe 100% than the GM Lobbyists are now full bore pushing Congress to pass a new friendly EV Credit this year for their benefit. I also got a low Reservation # yesterday on the 2024 Silberado E. (Just in Case don't ya know).
No doubt GM lobbyists are working it. I know its been debated in another thread, but Manchin has signaled his approval for the climate portion of the BBB and suggested they try a stand alone climate bill. I am more confident even if they can't get a huge BBB passed they will be able to cut a climate deal Manchin will sign off on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy

Deleted member 9341

Careful or you’ll confuse Ford even more about this deal than they already are!
Seriously! Ford really did a horrible job executing this launch with customers. D-. And the dealers, no surprise, are generally equally clueless and unresponsive.

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I wouldn't freak out over $3,000 but the dealer I originally reserved with told me they were going to charge $25k so I decided to switch to another one who doesn't do this.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
No doubt GM lobbyists are working it. I know its been debated in another thread, but Manchin has signaled his approval for the climate portion of the BBB and suggested they try a stand alone climate bill. I am more confident even if they can't get a huge BBB passed they will be able to cut a climate deal Manchin will sign off on.
If they do a separate bill, they need 10 Republicans to also sign off on it as it wouldn't be through reconcilliation. Unless they change the Filibuster rules. Machcin asking for a separate bill is just another way to kill it.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Regular F150s went up $800 this year. No where near the inflation rate of 6%. I’ll take the chances.
I'm hoping Ford will throw us all some "price protection" and keep the prices for ordered trucks the same for 2023 vs 2022.

Azbittel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm hoping Ford will throw us all some "price protection" and keep the prices for ordered trucks the same for 2023 vs 2022.
They did with the bronco, and they will make many more of these, safe to say that will happen. Logically imo anyways which isn't worth shit

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
If they do a separate bill, they need 10 Republicans to also sign off on it as it wouldn't be through reconcilliation. Unless they change the Filibuster rules. Machcin asking for a separate bill is just another way to kill it.
Why not? Reconciliation bills don't have to be Felix's Magic Bag of Tricks.
Sponsored