OEM Security system

AdamC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 Whippled
Every time I walk up to my locked XLT and start to punch in the number on the keypad I hear a faint “locking” sound prior to the doors actually unlocking which is louder. I’m thinking maybe it’s the perimeter alarm? Does anyone know what this actually does? I believe we have interior and exterior motion sensors. If there is a lot of movement outside the locked truck will the alarm go off at some point?
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I thought maybe the first button energized a relay waiting for the rest of the code.
Not sure, it works and I’m good with that

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Technology Sales
Every time I walk up to my locked XLT and start to punch in the number on the keypad I hear a faint “locking” sound prior to the doors actually unlocking which is louder. I’m thinking maybe it’s the perimeter alarm? Does anyone know what this actually does? I believe we have interior and exterior motion sensors. If there is a lot of movement outside the locked truck will the alarm go off at some point?
I always wondered the same thing. Subbing for answers

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
As far as I know, us XLT and below owners do not have the fancy alarm like the Lariat+ models have. Mine clicks when I get near it with the fob, I just assumed it was the relays energizing for the approach lighting.

OP
OP
AdamC

AdamC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 Whippled
As far as I know, us XLT and below owners do not have the fancy alarm like the Lariat+ models have. Mine clicks when I get near it with the fob, I just assumed it was the relays energizing for the approach lighting.
My xlt window sticker says perimeter alarm as standard
Sponsored