2021 F150 Advanced Security Pack

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I just got a 2021 F150. I have been searching the internet everyday since March. I have one on order with 10/31 delivery that I will now cancel. I am trying to see what is included with the Advanced Security Pack. I need to decide if I need to get an aftermarket alarm like a Viper or not. Can anyone help with explaining the Advanced Security Pack. Thank

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Advanced Security Pack My Truck Pics.JPG
Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
My understanding is the Advanced includes the following two (optional) items.

What Are the Interior Sensors (If Equipped)
The interior sensors are designed to detect any movement inside your vehicle. The interior sensors are in the overhead console.
Note: Do not cover the interior sensors.

What Are the Inclination Sensors (If Equipped)
The inclination sensor is designed to detect an attempt to raise your vehicle, for example to remove a wheel or to tow it away.

OP
OP
Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
My understanding is the Advanced includes the following two (optional) items.

What Are the Interior Sensors (If Equipped)
The interior sensors are designed to detect any movement inside your vehicle. The interior sensors are in the overhead console.
Note: Do not cover the interior sensors.

What Are the Inclination Sensors (If Equipped)
The inclination sensor is designed to detect an attempt to raise your vehicle, for example to remove a wheel or to tow it away.
Thank you for this info. I guess I will still need something with shock sensors.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I wasn't aware of this option and don't think it was available for xlt trim. I was actually wondering if my truck has any type of sensors at all. There's some kind of camera in the overhead console, which nobody seems to be 100% sure about.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thank you for this info. I guess I will still need something with shock sensors.
If someone wants the truck bad enough they are going to take it. Quite common in my area over the last couple of years the theifs are using some device that picks up the codes and replicates your key fob. Some of the vehicles found in containers destined for overseas.

Sponsored

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Standard system is if a door, tailgate, or hood is opened while truck is off and no key present. Battery backup is also included now and will go off if main battery is disconnected.

OP
OP
Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
If someone wants the truck bad enough they are going to take it. Quite common in my area over the last couple of years the theifs are using some device that picks up the codes and replicates your key fob. Some of the vehicles found in containers destined for overseas.
How do you counter that? If they can copy the fob codes. Oh boy.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How do you counter that? If they can copy the fob codes. Oh boy.
Police have advised to keep the keys away from the front door. Not sure how sophisticated these things are but apparently can be purchased pretty easily, cheap and are effective in bypassing security system. One house has had their Nissan Armada scooped twice, located both times. ?

OP
OP
Marine01

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Police have advised to keep the keys away from the front door. Not sure how sophisticated these things are but apparently can be purchased pretty easily, cheap and are effective in bypassing security system. One house has had their Nissan Armada scooped twice, located both times. ?
This is crazy we have to be careful where we put our keys in the house. Times have changed!

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Sponsored

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
My 23 was just delivered at the dealer and it’s missing the Advanced Security Pack. Can it be put back and if so how. Any part numbers?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
My 23 was just delivered at the dealer and it’s missing the Advanced Security Pack. Can it be put back and if so how. Any part numbers?
If you feel that you need it, just use your Ford points to get the FORD PERIMETER PLUS VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM. It's $235 and the local dealer can install it in about an hour. Or if you're adventurous you can get it cheaper from Tasca and install it yourself.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!