Vehicle Alarm/Security System Suggestions +/or Experiences

OP
OP

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
The faraday blockers are one way but thats only if your key is involved. Like if you are inside your house sleeping etc. Your key gives off a signal, they use a amplifier and receiver to make the truck think the key is right there. They get in and take off.

The other way they do it is through the OBD port which doesn't care if your key is close by or not so the faraday stuff wont matter at that point. They plug up and essentially program a key on the spot and drive off. I don't know how they get in fast using this method but its been done. This is ideally a broken window.

Conclusion: Wouldn't do one without the other. Faraday is alot cheaper though thats for sure. Port blockers are like $190 USD but your covering yourself from both attacks.
I am exploring all options. I would like to do the 2nd remote that breaks the output off of the brake pedal. The brake must be depressed for the truck to start. I will go the OBD route if the brake output disconnect does not work out.

We recently had a local festival where thieves walked around sucking up fob codes & transmitting them to cohorts in the parking lot. Cars were ransacked & robbed of personal items. I was not affected, but it prompted me to try to get ahead of the possibility of it happening to my vehicle.
Sponsored

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
I am exploring all options. I would like to do the 2nd remote that breaks the output off of the brake pedal. The brake must be depressed for the truck to start. I will go the OBD route if the brake output disconnect does not work out.

We recently had a local festival where thieves walked around sucking up fob codes & transmitting them to cohorts in the parking lot. Cars were ransacked & robbed of personal items. I was not affected, but it prompted me to try to get ahead of the possibility of it happening to my vehicle.
The brake pedal makes sense, haven't heard of that before. But like you said at the festival, thats where the faraday pouch is king to avoid being a easy target for quick grabs.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I have found a faraday box for key fobs that works like a champ. It is the Vonetti Alpha Shield. The latest version is rounded off on all edges & corners, & carries comfortably in my pocket.
1662575602997.png
That does look nice. I will have to look at this if the pouches do not reliably work. Thanks for posting this.
Sponsored