Alarm - broken window, security

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
If someone break the window on my 22 F150 Platinum, will the alarm go off? Anyone with firsthand experience?
Maybe a dumb question, but you think have a keyfob with panic and red blinky light on the dash that would be the case...this wasn't the case on my old truck. My wife's car got broken into over the weekend and fortunately the alarm scared them off before confrontation. Hasn't happened to my new truck, but only a matter of time until we can save enough to move... 4 windows on the old F150. scum of the earth
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i didnt sleep at holiday inn last night
BUT its my understanding the glass being broken or shattered will set off the alarm
i have had mine go off in my previous super duty and the 150 from flying things that got in cab .
i had to turn off the interior motion sensors

i have never tested the window break to see, but its my understanding yes it will off

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I doubt if just breaking the window does. Opening the door after breaking the window will. And if they don't open the door, then the motion sensor should catch them.

precab

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Fiber infrastructure
Sadly the pros will use a tool to disconnect or cut the horn wires in the grill. I am a little lazy but should take my 14gen grill off and secure this issue better. Also note the drivers side mechanical key hole is easy to defeat for a break in as well if they don't want to break the glass. Best defense is to replace it with a passenger handle to remove the key hole.

In TX Ravelco kill switches are selling like hot cakes since the cartel is taking trucks from Houston and San antonio often if they are not being broken into .

I HATE thieves hence crime watch is a hobby for me.
Sponsored