• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
He promised me MSRP but he didn’t know if he could do that to every order.
That's suspicious. Why can't they do it for every order? If they can do MSRP for one, they can do it for all. Make up for it by charging ADM on lot stock.

I personally wouldn't trust them.
Sponsored

HtownHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Kia Stinger GT2, 2018 BMW 540i M-Sport
I've been puzzled about the original 10-26 date in the beginning just because the Drive Tour isn't complete till the 28th anyway. I would assume we will hear more on the 27th with the earnings call as 'Low Carbon' 'EV' is the buzzwords for activist investors right now so that will consume a portion of their scheduled time. May not state a specific order opening date but will probably give some hint to their plans i.e. order banks are expected to open in 2 weeks type of thing.

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Getting a new Ford is starting to be like getting on the Trabant waitlist in Cold War era East Germany!

CB0708E2-7AB4-40B5-A62D-81A2A8917E8F.jpeg
You could bribe someone in the bureaucracy with pairs of jeans, though. But to get those jeans you'd have to trade for some dollars...

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
I've been puzzled about the original 10-26 date in the beginning just because the Drive Tour isn't complete till the 28th anyway. I would assume we will hear more on the 27th with the earnings call as 'Low Carbon' 'EV' is the buzzwords for activist investors right now so that will consume a portion of their scheduled time. May not state a specific order opening date but will probably give some hint to their plans i.e. order banks are expected to open in 2 weeks type of thing.
Haven’t even started or announced a Drive Tour in Canada.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
That's suspicious. Why can't they do it for every order? If they can do MSRP for one, they can do it for all. Make up for it by charging ADM on lot stock.

Lol what? Dealers do this virtually all the time. Friends get taken care of and are given deals. He also said he doesn’t know about other orders.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Lol what? Dealers do this virtually all the time. Friends get taken care of and are given deals. He also said he doesn’t know about other orders.
We'll see how much of a friend they are soon enough. People believing that dealerships are allowed to get away with this is exactly how they can get away with this. I'd personally never deal with a dealership where they choose on a whim whether or not to charge you extra on your own vehicle order, they can't be trusted.

But hey, it's ultimately your decision, do with it as you please.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne

Why is that suspicious. He seems to be saying this friend's relationship to GM may get him a better deal than others. i dont like ADM but how much profit a car dealer needs to make for the year is dependant on how much they can make per car multiplied by how many cars they can sell. If ford isn't telling them how much lot stock (and filled reservations/orders) they might get I can see them being a bit careful about making tons of commitments. As a buyer, all I ask is that when i order I get a truthful price that doesnt change.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Why is that suspicious. He seems to be saying this friend's relationship to GM may get him a better deal than others. i dont like ADM but how much profit a car dealer needs to make for the year is dependant on how much they can make per car multiplied by how many cars they can sell. If ford isn't telling them how much lot stock (and filled reservations/orders) they might get I can see them being a bit careful about making tons of commitments. As a buyer, all I ask is that when i order I get a truthful price that doesnt change.
As long as the dealer is up front about it, then OK. I'd probably still change dealers unless it was a really small amount, but at least I'd know what I'd pay for the convenience of buying from the closest dealer or whatever and be able to consider my options.

If they let you think you're getting it for MSRP for a year or 3 until you have no recourse to change dealers anymore and then they surprise you with a $10k markup, then that's scummy.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
As long as the dealer is up front about it, then OK. I'd probably still change dealers unless it was a really small amount, but at least I'd know what I'd pay for the convenience of buying from the closest dealer or whatever and be able to consider my options.

If they let you think you're getting it for MSRP for a year or 3 until you have no recourse to change dealers anymore and then they surprise you with a $10k markup, then that's scummy.
Exactly. that is what I am most concerned about as you basically give them your reservation when they build your truck. If you figure out a year plus later there is ADM that is horrible

Last edited:

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Safe to say if I have the opportunity to buy I won’t be disappointed?
I attended the Demo in Seattle and during the ride went from "I want one of these" to "Hell Yes I'm getting one of these"!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I attended the Demo in Seattle and during the ride went from "I want one of these" to "Hell Yes I'm getting one of these"!
Honestly, this thing is quicker than anyone should be driving on the road and unless you're a trained driver, there's no way you're going to be driving it like they did in the ride along. It's almost as quick as a GT mustang but weighs twice as much, that's a recipe for disaster especially with a driver that's never driven anything even close to that powerful before.
Now I'm sure it will tow a 5000lbs trailer up a hill like it's got nothing behind it.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Honestly, this thing is quicker than anyone should be driving on the road and unless you're a trained driver, there's no way you're going to be driving it like they did in the ride along. It's almost as quick as a GT mustang but weighs twice as much, that's a recipe for disaster especially with a driver that's never driven anything even close to that powerful before.
Now I'm sure it will tow a 5000lbs trailer up a hill like it's got nothing behind it.
Performance is the biggest reason I am interested in an electric vehicle. I love quick cars and quick trucks are even better. The fact that it costs less to operate and is environmentally better are bonuses. There is nothing better to me than throttle response.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
That was honestly the same reaction I had. I was blown away by how quickly that thing moved.
Sponsored