Sponsored

New Truck Warranty Wrong?

Ronin1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT FX SuperCrew 4x4 3.5 Race Red
I just bought a 23 leftover on March 5th. In my dashboard on Ford.com, it says the warranty began on October 31, 2023. The warranty should have started on March 5th, 2024. I called Ford and they said the warranty starts when purchased new or when the vehicle is considered "in0service", whichever comes first. They say the vehicle shows it was "in-service" as of October 31, 2023. When I took delivery on March 5th, 2024, the truck had 5 miles on it. How can this warranty discrepancy be? I am not going to lose 5 months of warranty. Ford said there was nothing they could do and that I would need to contact the selling dealership. I called the dealership to talk with sales manager but he is on vacation. Anybody had this happen before?
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Typically, the warranty starts on the vehicle's "birthday". This is when the dealership takes possession of the vehicle and that starts the clock.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I just bought a 23 leftover on March 5th. In my dashboard on Ford.com, it says the warranty began on October 31, 2023. The warranty should have started on March 5th, 2024. I called Ford and they said the warranty starts when purchased new or when the vehicle is considered "in0service", whichever comes first. They say the vehicle shows it was "in-service" as of October 31, 2023. When I took delivery on March 5th, 2024, the truck had 5 miles on it. How can this warranty discrepancy be? I am not going to lose 5 months of warranty. Ford said there was nothing they could do and that I would need to contact the selling dealership. I called the dealership to talk with sales manager but he is on vacation. Anybody had this happen before?
Seems like they put your truck in as a fleet or loaner/dealer vehicle. My “in service” date is 11/5/2022 which is the day I bought mine. I’d definitely try to work out something with the dealership.

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
My truck sat on the dealer lot for 6 months (leftover 2023 as well with 16 miles) and the warranty began on the purchase date in the Ford Pass app.

Fox146

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Ya dealer started the clock on it for some reason. I’d be talking to them. Pretty sure you can’t reset but they should do something for you

Sponsored

JBdoingJBstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Raptor, 2020 GT350R, 2016 Porsche GT4
Typically, the warranty starts on the vehicle's "birthday". This is when the dealership takes possession of the vehicle and that starts the clock.
Why reply if you dont know what you are talking about? Warranty for a new car starts on day of sale. If the vehicle sits on the lot for 18 months and is finally sold, it is considered new with warranty beginning on day of sale.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Not being a car dealership I can't fathom how it would benefit them to do something wonky on a car with 5mi on it. If it's an innocent mistake, they should (if they have any sense) offer to pony up a 1 yr ESP and agree to cover any deductible's or costs for the first 6 months of it.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Scab XLT 2.7EB 2wd
Occupation
Retired
Absolutely positively talk to someone in a position of authority (Finance Manager? - he/she probably tried to sell you a service plan or paint protection or some such nonsense before they gave you the keys) at your dealership ASAP to get answers on this.

This weekend go through all paperwork you received when you bought it for anything referencing in-service date. Having only 5 miles on it doesn't geehaw with possibly being a 'dealer demonstrator'. Assuming you find nothing in your paperwork regarding an in-service date other than March 5 '24, when you do finally talk face-to-face with someone and go over what FoMoCo is telling you, tell the dealership you need (not want) them to provide written proof to you of what the in-service actually is.

Something screwy here.....

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
That is a mess. Go to dealer when management is back. I'm sure they can sort this out for you easily. If not you should have copies of all the paperwork and showing 5 miles on it at purchase.

Let us know what you find out.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Why reply if you dont know what you are talking about? Warranty for a new car starts on day of sale. If the vehicle sits on the lot for 18 months and is finally sold, it is considered new with warranty beginning on day of sale.
For some reason, whatever it may be, this dealership took possession (ownership) of this vehicle and that would start the clock on the warranty from Fords (corporate) perspective.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
FWIW, the "In Service" date for my truck is the date I took physical possession at Granger Ford with 8 miles already showing on the odometer.

Granger received my truck at their dealer location about ~10 days prior to that and put a few miles on it doing pre-delivery prep and filling the tank with gas, but obviously did not enter it in any system as "in Service" until the day I picked it up.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Yes, warranty starts when you get the keys, not when it rolls off the line or arrives at the dealer.

Born in feb, arrived to dealer in march and delivered to me on 4/7
Ford F-150 New Truck Warranty Wrong? 1710642404550-z2

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
My warranty started 2/15/22, the day I actually bought it. The dealer got it the week before.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
its possible the dealer sold the truck and the deal fell thru, but somebody processed the sale. This started the warranty. What are the dates on the window sticker?
Sponsored