OP
OP
Ronin1973

Ronin1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT FX SuperCrew 4x4 3.5 Race Red
Dealership did just as someone earlier posted: For incentive purposes and their quota, they put it “in-service” on the October date. Since it is only 4 months off, I just asked what they were going to do to take care of me and they offered and I took a Ford ESP warranty extension. Signed and left. Worked out better for me so I am happy.
Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Scab XLT 2.7EB 2wd
Occupation
Retired
Dealership did just as someone earlier posted: For incentive purposes and their quota, they put it “in-service” on the October date. Since it is only 4 months off, I just asked what they were going to do to take care of me and they offered and I took a Ford ESP warranty extension. Signed and left. Worked out better for me so I am happy.
Excellent. The squeaky wheel does sometimes get the grease.

Zzz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I just bought a 23 leftover on March 5th. In my dashboard on Ford.com, it says the warranty began on October 31, 2023. The warranty should have started on March 5th, 2024. I called Ford and they said the warranty starts when purchased new or when the vehicle is considered "in0service", whichever comes first. They say the vehicle shows it was "in-service" as of October 31, 2023. When I took delivery on March 5th, 2024, the truck had 5 miles on it. How can this warranty discrepancy be? I am not going to lose 5 months of warranty. Ford said there was nothing they could do and that I would need to contact the selling dealership. I called the dealership to talk with sales manager but he is on vacation. Anybody had this happen before?
Wow, I did not know this! Luckily, I took ownership the day it arrived at the dealership. I was driving by the Ford dealership and I seen it on a trailer and they were unloading it. I stopped and ask if this truck was for sale and they told me it sure is! Did some paper work on it and told me to come back in 4 hours and you can test drive it because it hasn't gone thru detailing.
Sponsored