Sponsored

sitholepaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 Xlt supercrew sport 2.7 ecoboost
No OTAs in the past 60 days and none in queue. The dealer did not update any modules. All I see is some issue with your SCCM. It seems the replaced it from what I can tell.

No OTAs in the past 60 days and none in queue. I see no indication your truck is stuck not getting updates based on your current Sync version.
Thank you for checking 😊
Sponsored

Mo21F150

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Superintendent Bags On / HVAC & Plumbing
Could you please check mine if you have the chance? 1FTFW1E85MKD01838
@rugedraw

thank you!

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
No OTAs in the past 60 days and none in queue. The dealer did not update any modules. All I see is some issue with your SCCM. It seems the replaced it from what I can tell.
Thank you. They sure did, and needed Engineering to reprogram the software since the modules were not talking with the truck.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
What about this version. I thought this was the version this thread was talking about. Check this out.

This says 3.5.4 is the OTA power up version.

4B325F10-21E5-4A49-8267-DF2089D97C32.jpeg

2048118E-269B-408D-BA90-D7B1F8623A5B.jpeg
huh. Any chance you’re a member of the early access program? Also, those brightly colored status icons are something I haven’t seen before.

Last edited:

4ousooners

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum Super Crew 4X4 Smoke
Occupation
Retired
One more please: 1FTFW1ED6MFB16588

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
huh. Any chance you’re a member of the early access program? Also, those brightly colored status icons are something I haven’t seen before.
Those colored icons at the top are able to be added in the engineering test menu. You hold a couple buttons to get there. Look it up in this forum, it’s here somewhere.

Yes, I’m in EAP, but everyone else had everything else first. Updates leading up to BC and then nothing for a while. I got only 2 EAP surveys along the way.

Maybe this is my first EAP thing. Because nothing else that has happened since January 2021 has been early. I’ve been enrolled since March 2021 or something.

This truck already has 58k on the clock and is ready to get traded off. Lol.

I quit caring about these updates months ago. Ford wasted enough of my time on these updates, so this was a pleasant surprise on January 11, 2023, two years after purchase.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
What about this version. I thought this was the version this thread was talking about. Check this out.

This says 3.5.4 is the OTA power up version.
3.5.4 is the one that activates Alexa for job 1 2021 owners. While rare, I have seen people get it. Some got it months ago when Ford pushed out 3.5.3 initially. The update in this thread, while lower in numerical sequence, was released after the initial release of 3.5.4.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could you please check mine if you have the chance? 1FTFW1E85MKD01838
@rugedraw

thank you!
No OTAs in the past 60 days and none in queue now.

One more please: 1FTFW1ED6MFB16588
You just had 2.7.4 install two days ago on your truck. You are a bit behind on power up updates, but you're getting updates which is good for us early 2021 owners. No other OTA's on your queue now. If you don't already have one, get yourself a 10amp+ battery charger. You will need it when 2.8.1 gets sent to you.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
No OTAs in the past 60 days and none in queue now.

You just had 2.7.4 install two days ago on your truck. You are a bit behind on power up updates, but you're getting updates which is good for us early 2021 owners. No other OTA's on your queue now. If you don't already have one, get yourself a 10amp+ battery charger. You will need it when 2.8.1 gets sent to you.
It’s curious to me that Ford hasn’t figured out this battery charge issue with the OTA updates. Like, I get that they‘ve probably calculated only charging to 80% SoC extends battery longevity (or whatever logic they’ve applied), but you’d think they’d have set it so the vehicle changes to a higher SoC temporarily when an update has been downloaded, to help boost the chances it completes, and then returns to the default SoC after completion. It’s all networked, there’s no technical reason I’m aware of that would prevent it. I mean, sure, it won’t solve all issues and some people might still have to plug in a charger, but I have to imagine it would solve these marginal battery update fails.

Granted, it’s also kind of shocking how much power many of these modules use when updating. I suppose power efficiency wasn’t a major concern when designing them since the vehicle has a constant high amperage 12V power source when running, but jeez…

Last edited:

Solid86

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 FX4 SC
Occupation
Field Engineer
Ohh so 3.5.3.2 will only give full screen car play and 3.5.4 will activate Alexa now? Can you check mine I got 3.5.2 in December. 1FTFW1E54MFA31046

Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
It’s curious to me that Ford hasn’t figured out this battery charge issue with the OTA updates. Like, I get that they‘ve probably calculated only charging to 80% SoC extends battery longevity (or whatever logic they’ve applied), but you’d think they’d have set it so the vehicle changes to a higher SoC temporarily when an update has been downloaded, to help boost the chances it completes, and then returns to the default SoC after completion. It’s all networked, there’s no technical reason I’m aware of that would prevent it. I mean, sure, it won’t solve all issues and some people might still have to plug in a charger, but I have to imagine it would solve these marginal battery update fails.

Granted, it’s also kind of shocking how much power many of these modules use when updating. I suppose power efficiency wasn’t a major concern when designing them since the vehicle has a constant high amperage 12V power source when running, but jeez…
It isn't just Ford with OTAs and battery drain issues. It is affecting several manufacturers.

Ohh so 3.5.3.2 will only give full screen car play and 3.5.4 will activate Alexa now? Can you check mine I got 3.5.2 in December. 1FTFW1E54MFA31046
Nothing since you got 3.5.2 back then and nothing in your queue right now.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd

You are not alone in wondering this https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/post-304642

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
3.5.4 is the one that activates Alexa for job 1 2021 owners. While rare, I have seen people get it. Some got it months ago when Ford pushed out 3.5.3 initially. The update in this thread, while lower in numerical sequence, was released after the initial release of 3.5.4.
I have a Job 1 with Alexa and no full screen and I assumed after I did updates via FDRS a week ago I was at 3.2.5. Here's my VIN 1FTFW1E50MFA97982 can you please see what it says? Thx!

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have a Job 1 with Alexa and no full screen and I assumed after I did updates via FDRS a week ago I was at 3.2.5. Here's my VIN 1FTFW1E50MFA97982 can you please see what it says? Thx!
Anything you did with FDRS would supersede anything I can see on PTS.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
My reverse camera is upside down as of picking the children up from school. I took photos. Not sure what the heck. Maybe mine is mid update again.
Sponsored