Sponsored

New FordPass App

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Looks like they officially released the FordPass 5.0 app.

It's still missing a bunch of features compared to the old version and once you update it, you can no longer revert to an older version.

IMG_AABA080E3C22-1.jpeg
That last bullet point is the only hope we have to restore lost functionality.
Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
My big mistake installing new app. So much lost from the older version. No longer can I see the current mileage/ kilometres, no tire pressures, no oil life, no status of pro power, no longer able to use trailer light check, or use zone lighting.

Truly very disappointing . Anyone know how to get the older version of the app back for as long as it can work.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
My big mistake installing new app. So much lost from the older version. No longer can I see the current mileage/ kilometres, no tire pressures, no oil life, no status of pro power, no longer able to use trailer light check, or use zone lighting.

Truly very disappointing . Anyone know how to get the older version of the app back for as long as it can work.
Service - Vehicle health

Tire pressure, odometer, oil life are there.

Lighting options are gonna be missed. I'd hit the zone lighting to see a gate between me and truck.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
L
Service - Vehicle health

Tire pressure, odometer, oil life are there.

Lighting options are gonna be missed. I'd hit the zone lighting to see a gate between me and truck.
Ah thanks, I don’t think Canadian trucks had a vehicle health category before, that info was under vehicle if I remember correctly. So only a few relatively useful options have been deleted

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
Just got the update last night. I had tried v5 before and hated it so I reverted back. I told them v5 was terrible just because of the missing features. Looks like they didn't change anything and pushed it out anyways.
I didn't see trailer light check or being able to add a service to the service report.

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

RSKTakR

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 3.5 EB, 2023 F150 PB, 2013 Boss 302
Occupation
Mechanical Design Engineer 2
Wow... this is terrible. I literally just yesterday, had gone through everything in V4 to learn all the options for both of my trucks. Now I feel like I got the base model Yugo version.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I know it won't be a popular post, but if you had a Lightning/Mach-E and an ICE F150, you would notice that the BEV Ford is much better represented in the new version of FordPass than the Powerboost, for example.

I'm not sure why Ford pushed the developers to get more accomplished with the EV's before the official rollout, but they did.

I admit that I'm reading between the lines, but I don't think it's much of a stretch to predict that we are seeing only what they had time to get done before the rollout. And I'm certain that functions are yet to be added.

What I'm watching closely for is even a hint of a single Bluetooth supported feature. If that shows up then I will be convinced that the Powerboost/F150 will catch up to the much richer FordPass content of the other models.

There's some insider posts on the Mach-E forum. A lot more is going on with V5 than meets the user's eyes. The software platform underneath V5 supports a much better future for FordPass. But I realize that probably won't matter to anyone who isn't benefiting from it today. 🤪

Bob Violence

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A FX4 Powerboost
Anyone know how to get the older version of the app back for as long as it can work.
If you are on Android, you can uninstall the current version, and download an older version from here. Android will prompt you with some security warning about installing something from an unknown source, which is normal.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=fordpass

Once you install the older version, there is an option to disable auto-updates on a per-app level. Enable that for FordPass, and it will not auto update unless you approve.

If you are using an iPhone, then I believe you are at the mercy of Mr. Cook and crew.

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Just picked up camper for first trip of the year and now forced with the new cr app. No trailer light check, hilarious!

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Just picked up camper for first trip of the year and now forced with the new cr app. No trailer light check, hilarious!
@Ford Motor Company in your own words, "If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen."

Is it really true? I can now check my trailer lights from the touchscreen in my truck. What a great idea!

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
[QUOTE="Big Dog Daddy, post: 463226, member:

Is it really true? I can now check my trailer lights from the touchscreen in my truck. What a great idea!
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know, it was nice to do it from your phone.
Sponsored

Reactions: 780