OP

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
Yes. That’s why I inserted this:

CAS-32601803-F0V8M1 CRM:0454034

I’ll be inserting it every subsequent post. Maybe one of their “concerned” employees will stumble across it.

I’m trying everything I can think of at this point. Fakebook, this forum, other forums. Unbelievable. I really don’t think they give a flying fuk.
I understand now. WTF Ford lets get some love here.
Sponsored

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Powerboost, Supercrew, FX4, 502A
Occupation
Professional Bum
My Powerboost is due to arrive anytime now, BUT now I am wondering if I should even keep it. This seems very problematic, if it was one, ok, but I am reading too many oil issues here. Can these engineers not identify and remedy this garbage? I need the ProPower to keep my dogs in the vehicle, but honestly I can go back to a SuperDuty with an outside generator to keep them cool with an ac unit in the back bed. I never had issues with my Super Duty. Come on FORD, we support you because you did not take bailouts, but make something that IS RELIABLE.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
My Powerboost is due to arrive anytime now, BUT now I am wondering if I should even keep it. This seems very problematic, if it was one, ok, but I am reading too many oil issues here. Can these engineers not identify and remedy this garbage? I need the ProPower to keep my dogs in the vehicle, but honestly I can go back to a SuperDuty with an outside generator to keep them cool with an ac unit in the back bed. I never had issues with my Super Duty. Come on FORD, we support you because you did not take bailouts, but make something that IS RELIABLE.
What you aren't reading about is the thousands of owners that aren't having any problems. The forums are a place to find answers if you are having problems, not so much for people that love their trucks.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I agree with Diesel totally. We, who are having problems, are a minority!! I just feel for those with problems AND a weak dealership. I have an excellent dealership, I wish all did. Wish I did not have a problem, but I do. I no longer wear diapers and I will deal with this problem!

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Did Ford tell you what the issue was?

I haven’t performed a leak down test yet, but suspect low cylinder compression at low RPM on one piston. Which is causing the missfire feeling I’ve posted about on this forum.

I would love to know the fault that causes the oil burn. Low compression and oil consumption can go hand in hand if the top ring has issues. I have 26k miles, and my missfire has gotten worse, but haven’t noticed oil burn.

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I can only address my engine problem that resulted in me being approved for a new engine. “ a line scored in number four cylinder, possibly from an issue with the rings in that cylinder”. I have a 3.5 EB.

KemahGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Supercrew Powerboost
My dealer can’t get any help from Ford either. The tech is pursuing this by talking to other techs on some social media platform. They have valve covers and some PCV components on order. I suspect this problem that was known a couple of years ago still exists.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163578-0001.pdf

I’m thinking the real issue goes way up the chain. The push to EVs is happening way too fast. We’re all gonna start paying heavily to save the planet. It’s already known that ICE engineers are getting fired and retired at crazy levels. Our federal government is shoveling this green stuff down our throats whether we want it or not. They really don’t want these nasty petrol burning machines in our possession. They’d rather us bury Lithium batteries in our landfills than burn fossil fuels.

Suck it, Ford

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Maybe I am not clear. My dealership HAS been able to get support from Ford or someone in the Ford organization that CAN and HAS approved the installation of a new engine in my pickup. I only wish that it would all happen a little faster.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
OP, I know your pain.
Hybrid Drive Unit went out on my PB, stuck in the shop for nearly 40 days with runaround after runaround, and I escalated the matter as well.

I looked into my state's Lemon Laws (Texas), and it says that in the first two years or 24,000 miles of ownership, if a vehicle has been in the shop 4 times or more for the same issue OR has been in the shop for 30 total days for the same issue, you can invoke the lemon law.

Knowing those rights, I reminded the dealer of that fact and told them to find me a quick solution or a new truck. Suddenly, they were able to give me a brand new transmission with the hybrid drive in it.

I was very, very bitter and upset about the whole process and thought multiple times about trading in the truck. But once I was back in it, I had a pretty quick and powerful change of heart. That was about 3000 trouble free miles ago, knock on wood that's the last "big" issue.

Take what I said for what you will, but if you read your state's lemon laws closely and you know you qualify, you may find that the dealer suddenly will get a fire lit under their ass if you remind them of such, and you do so over email. Preferably with the service department manager cc'd.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I can only address my engine problem that resulted in me being approved for a new engine. “ a line scored in number four cylinder, possibly from an issue with the rings in that cylinder”. I have a 3.5 EB.
Nice! Physical evidence I can bring to them to show them (there is a score in the cylinder wall) please replace my motor. I feel like that’s the o my was to deal with most dealers. Maybe I’m just picky, or maybe I’ve been told too many times “can’t replicate issue” or “typical noise”.

Sponsored

KemahGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Supercrew Powerboost
I’m in Texas as well. I have heard Texas Lemon Law is not as robust as other states such as California, but it can help in some cases. I really hate lawyers and lawsuits in general but I guess I’ll do what I have to do to get back on the road.

Day 30, no truck, Ford still sucks.

OP
OP

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
I agree with Diesel totally. We, who are having problems, are a minority!! I just feel for those with problems AND a weak dealership. I have an excellent dealership, I wish all did. Wish I did not have a problem, but I do. I no longer wear diapers and I will deal with this problem!
I agree. I had not read of anyone having to have an engine replaced until mine. How many 2021 F-150s are there? How many 3.5EB and 3.5EB PowerBoost engines are there?

I feel like the percentage is low, but this is not scientific.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Well, there are fewer than 6,000 members on this forum so there will be a very small subset of people who could even respond that they are having a problem.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I swear I’ve said I need a new motor since 5k miles. I will bore scope the cylinders and bring photos to Ford. I just had mine get caught in a 200 to 700 RPM stumble loop on crank up, after only letting it sit for 10 minutes.

I know mine is messed up. It’s just not that bad lol.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Well, there are fewer than 6,000 members on this forum so there will be a very small subset of people who could even respond that they are having a problem.
We're a special crowd. Internet forums are a slowly dying medium. The way I figure, most people on these forums either want to know how to get the most from their truck, or how to figure out what's wrong with their truck. Then they need to be comfortable enough on the internet and a computer to register for a forum and talk about it. That's probably a small percentage of overall F150 owners, and an even smaller percentage of those owners are 2021 owners.
Sponsored