Sponsored

Powerboost lariat check engine light

Jmod08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
First off,

I would like to say I’ve learned a lot of information from these forums and would also like to thank Mr. Albert who has helped me with my purchase. It wasn’t bought through Granger Ford but was able to make a deal locally.

I drove from Omaha to Kansas City to grab a nicely optioned powerboost lariat trim. When I arrived at the dealer it did have rust but like other people on the forum, already purchased the products to clean it off.

the drive home was amazing and we were in love with the truck...until the check engine light came on while driving back home.

Ford F-150 Powerboost lariat check engine light 26021333-BADB-4328-9B9C-160E46C1D100

It’s up on the lift right now waiting for the news. This is my first truck as well as my first Ford product. As of right now I’m in a love hate relationship but not giving up yet.

with all the gadgets and gizmos I figured there would be hiccups....but 200 miles is a little quick
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmod08

Jmod08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Update,
Service manager said it was good and bad news.

the good news is that my non-existent cold air and check engine light were related.

Apparently when it was built at the factory they over-tightened the screws in the AC system which punctured the line and leaked all the Freon out of the system. Everything will be fixed under warranty at no cost.

bad news: the parts are on back order and I have to wait for it to get in and I will be driving the truck with no AC until they do.

The service manager joked and said I guess this was a common occurrence for their inventory to be back ordered.

In the grand scheme of things not bad, but still sucks.

as a note to everyone, the check engine light did not come on until we hit the max AC button so if it is common, I would give it a press and make sure you do not have a Freon leak as well ?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I would make sure they replace the drier cartridge on the system when it's being repaired and also test the system in the parking lot for an extended time after the repair as well. If there isn't a safety switch to kill the compressor on low pressure and the compressor actually kicked on, it could be damaged from running without lubricant. Hopefully they get it all fixed up for you though.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
What was the fix? I just got the same light out of town towing a boat.

OP
OP
Jmod08

Jmod08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What was the fix? I just got the same light out of town towing a boat.

Still waiting on the “fix” , but it was AC related. The parts have been on back order since I posted.

Then I got another check engine light for an engine misfire, waiting to hear why that came on.

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Still waiting on the “fix” , but it was AC related. The parts have been on back order since I posted.

Then I got another check engine light for an engine misfire, waiting to hear why that came on.
Thanks for the update. Mine goes in shop tomorrow for windshield recall and see what they say about engine light.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
@Jmod08 Love that lariat sport you got there! White with those dark rims, badass!
Sponsored