Sponsored

My Saga is Over; Time to Drive Off into the Sunset

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
I have been posting my problem with my order from May 2021 (not a typo) regarding getting my truck for the price promised. Well the drama is over, and it all worked out in my favor.

A brief synopsis:

* May 1, 2021, placed an order for a King Ranch (later changed to a Platinum).
* Oct 16, 2021, switched to a '22 MY. This was the last order I signed.
* April 16, 2022, was advised that my order was hung up from the Black Appearance Package and Wheel Well Liner. I did not want to eliminate the max recline seats even if that meant I had to wait.
* April 23, 2022, Ford pulled the enhanced seats and other items.
* June and July 2022 both Ford and my dealer said that they won't honor price protection.
* Early November 2022, my dealer says that Ford does price match but because I removed the BAP and the liner, that it reset the price to after all the price increases.
* November 19, 2022, I pick up my truck. I am charged sticker price. I receive a number of PCO discounts together with the X-Plan pricing. Based on what a number of dealers and members of this forum said, Ford would reimburse the dealer who would reimburse me. My dealer agreed with that.
* January 26, 2023, I contact my dealer after 60 days to see if he received the refund.
* February 7, 2023, My dealer said that a check will be cut to me for approximately $1200. He's thinking that it's a difference between the order and the final ticket. I know he's not subtracting the 6 items removed from my order. I told him that my number is significantly higher than that and we need to meet.
* February 10, 2023, I met with my dealer and went over his "math". I break out my spreadsheet detailing the six items removed from my truck (adaptive steering, black appearance package, max recline seats, tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, and wheel well liner) totaling $4,935. He finally agreed with my calculations that I should be awarded a check for $4,324.19. I was told that this needs to go to Ford. I was expecting another fight.
* February 15, 2023, my dealer called me to tell me that my check for $4,324.19 was waiting for me. It has now been deposited.

I'm surprised that it worked out in the end. I am now loving my truck, as the dark cloud has gone away. I just wish I knew what to do with this left over bitterness.

I want to thank you all. I don't think I would have had the same outcome without all your advice. You guys are awesome.

Below are a few of my favorite pics of my truck, including a pic in the moonlight.

Ford F-150 My Saga is Over; Time to Drive Off into the Sunset IMG_5745 2

Ford F-150 My Saga is Over; Time to Drive Off into the Sunset IMG_5730 3

Ford F-150 My Saga is Over; Time to Drive Off into the Sunset IMG_6055
Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Glad your saga is over and you can enjoy the truck!

Questions:
1. What happened to the ~ $600 gap between your spreadsheet and the check?
2. Are you getting new ender emblem with the logo, or keeping them flat?

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
This is bonkers! I'm happy you were at least able to get the check. I'm honestly surprised that actually happens.

This makes me grateful and I kind of feel bad that I decided on a Monday I wanted a truck, found one at a dealer and bought it with xplan on Saturday.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Congrats, beautiful truck!

Sponsored

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
that color is amazing in both sunlight and moonlight! It is so dynamic.

OP
OP
thevofl

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Glad your saga is over and you can enjoy the truck!

Questions:
1. What happened to the ~ $600 gap between your spreadsheet and the check?
2. Are you getting new ender emblem with the logo, or keeping them flat?
1. The Oct '21 order was pre-price hike and with the 6 features included. That total was $79,020. Removing the six features reduced the price by $4,935. So my truck's final configuration using the Oct '21 pricing was $74,085. My sticker price was $78,260 for a difference of $4,175. X-Plan discount was 6.48% (or $-270.54), and sales tax is 10.75% (or $419.73). Grand total is $4,324.19. I don't think my dealer wasn't really expecting me to have the math down, as I kept correcting his mistakes (almost all were in his favor); he knows I'm a math professor, but still he tried.

2. I was contacted by Ford that my badging is ready and that I should contact my dealer. I contacted my dealer (same as above) three times, and they said they would get back to me once they get it in. They haven't. I had a problem with my gas door not closing right after pick up and they said they would order what needs to be ordered and get back to me. The problem somehow fixed itself, but the dealer didn't know that. They never contacted me over my gas door, nor the tampon string hanging from my driver rear wheel well (that is associated with the gas door).

Needless to say, based on both experiences, I won't be using them in the future.

Reactions: sbi

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
my order from aug-sept of 21 still has not arrived and to top it of not one email from ford all info comes from dealer called ford in 22 they said my email was on record ford knows how to lose a life long ford customer at 59yrs old and electrical business i have bought a couple ford vehicles and to top it on one of the other forums i saw a stop delivery recall on the f150 transmissions waiting to get reply from dealer about this shit show

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I have been posting my problem with my order from May 2021 (not a typo) regarding getting my truck for the price promised. Well the drama is over, and it all worked out in my favor.

A brief synopsis:

* May 1, 2021, placed an order for a King Ranch (later changed to a Platinum).
* Oct 16, 2021, switched to a '22 MY. This was the last order I signed.
* April 16, 2022, was advised that my order was hung up from the Black Appearance Package and Wheel Well Liner. I did not want to eliminate the max recline seats even if that meant I had to wait.
* April 23, 2022, Ford pulled the enhanced seats and other items.
* June and July 2022 both Ford and my dealer said that they won't honor price protection.
* Early November 2022, my dealer says that Ford does price match but because I removed the BAP and the liner, that it reset the price to after all the price increases.
* November 19, 2022, I pick up my truck. I am charged sticker price. I receive a number of PCO discounts together with the X-Plan pricing. Based on what a number of dealers and members of this forum said, Ford would reimburse the dealer who would reimburse me. My dealer agreed with that.
* January 26, 2023, I contact my dealer after 60 days to see if he received the refund.
* February 7, 2023, My dealer said that a check will be cut to me for approximately $1200. He's thinking that it's a difference between the order and the final ticket. I know he's not subtracting the 6 items removed from my order. I told him that my number is significantly higher than that and we need to meet.
* February 10, 2023, I met with my dealer and went over his "math". I break out my spreadsheet detailing the six items removed from my truck (adaptive steering, black appearance package, max recline seats, tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, and wheel well liner) totaling $4,935. He finally agreed with my calculations that I should be awarded a check for $4,324.19. I was told that this needs to go to Ford. I was expecting another fight.
* February 15, 2023, my dealer called me to tell me that my check for $4,324.19 was waiting for me. It has now been deposited.

I'm surprised that it worked out in the end. I am now loving my truck, as the dark cloud has gone away. I just wish I knew what to do with this left over bitterness.

I want to thank you all. I don't think I would have had the same outcome without all your advice. You guys are awesome.

Below are a few of my favorite pics of my truck, including a pic in the moonlight.

IMG_5745 2.jpeg

IMG_5730 3.jpeg

IMG_6055.jpeg
Nice Truck! Enjoy!

Sponsored

super sparky

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
two ford transits, ford edge st
Occupation
electrical contractor
well my saga is almost over after roughly 17months got a call from my dealer last Thursday my truck was in. set it up to pick it up Saturday and drop off loner truck nice looking truck start to go thru paper work and get informed I cant take the truck because Dearborn sent it out with a recall on wiper motor so the dealer gave me the pick of any truck on the lot to drive until this gets corrected (except for the 100 and sum thousand dollar raptor which i figured was out of the question when i pick it as a loner) dealer has been trying for almost a year and a half to get me my truck but ford sure in the hell not helping the wait continues

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Congratulations.
I think you highlighted why we all hate buying automobiles.
I just bought my truck (over the phone) and said, "Look I'm not gonna play teeter totter with you and the manager, done deal, $69k."
He calls me back and said, "we can do $69,100..." Like the $100 bucks was just to "win" or something.
Such a joke.
For what it's worth I have the exact same blue and will post pix once I get this grandpa camper shell removed.
Congratz on your perseverance.

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Congratulations on getting this close. I was just shy of 15 months, so I completely understand the pain and frustration.

Hopefully the parts come soon so that you can finally take delivery. They are fabulous machines.
Sponsored