Sponsored

What is the average turnaround time from order date to delivery date 2021

RidingHighNCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Hi everyone,

I want to make the switch to the Ford F150 from my Ram, but got a big roadtrip coming up in July that I need A truck for. Wondering what the odds are that I can put a build order in the next couple of weeks and get it by June timeframe for my trip? Thoughts from folks who have ordered and received their truck in 2021? Thanks!
Mine has been on order for two weeks and was told today the scheduled build date is the second week of June and expected delivery is approximately 3 weeks after that.

macsinbragg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f 150
Ordered Jan 30
Build March 4
Delivered to dealer April 7
Picked up April 15

2021 Lariat
502A
Bed spray
Towing mirrors
7.2 kw
4x4

Last edited:

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Ordered Jan 30
Build March 4
Delivered to dealer April 7
Picked up April 15

2012 Lariat
501A
Bed spray
Towing mirrors
7.2 kw
4x4
10 weeks?? Are you serious?? I mean, great for you buddy, and all the best but seriously, there are others on this forum who are going on 26 weeks! Can anyone understand this?

Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
I truly hope for your sake that is true. I pre-ordered my new 2021 sept. 30 of 2020, two months before production was scheduled to begin with a promised delivery second week of December. After that date came and went I was told January, another month goes by, still no truck, told it would be March, NOT! Now its supposed to be April 16, today. I just got off the phone with the dealer as it was supposed to be delivered today. NOT HAPPENING! I was told that they have a VIN number for my truck and it is supposedly sitting in ramp 89 in Dearborn MI, whatever that means, but Ford won"t/can't tell them why it hasn't shipped, probably chip issues.
I've owned Fords for decades, always had good luck. I work for a manufacturer that makes micro components for the DOD, with a large portion of parts coming from all over the world. Anytime we have supply issues we find solutions even if it means air freighting parts in at a net loss, we don't make the problem the end users issue! In my opinion, if Ford won't take the hit and take the necessary steps, expedited freight, increased labor/ production costs or at a minimum offering those that put money down on a pre-ordered vehicle, a cash discount incentive to offset the disgust of having waited 7 months for a truck, I'm willing to bet I can find a truck dealer that'll be happy to take my $60k+ and it won't be Ford. They (Ford) can invest $500 million dollars in Rivian but they can't fix this issue? I'll bet the executives did'nt miss their bonus dates!

Sorry for the rant,
Sincerely, Disgusted!!!
Man, I had to double check that I didn’t write this!!

Same order date of September 30, I was initially told to expect delivery in November 2020, also still waiting with no end in sight.

It will be 200 days for us tomorrow!

Sucks for both of us, but I’m not going to lie - it somehow slightly helps to know that I’m not alone here.

What are your plans? Are you looking at other options? My struggle has been that I want a few specific things that are hard to find on dealer stock (any brand) - bench seat in front for the family, max tow, 4A for frequent snowy conditions... But I need a towing vehicle by June. Whoever would have thought that a truck ordered in September 2020 might not be here by June of 2021??!

Good luck to you and all those on this forum waiting. I hope we all get our trucks soon. And that they aren’t rusted out...

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
the average turnaround time is about to grow exponentially. Ford's earning call today indicated that production for Q1 was set to be cut by 20% but it actually was 17%. The expected impact of the chip shortage is now set to cut production for Q2 to 50%! Ford was initially expecting to lose profit on the loss of 200K to 400K vehicles not being built, and now Ford expects to lose profit from the loss of 1.1 million vehicles. Ford seems to be focusing on vehicles coming out of Dearborn, MI.

source: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-sees-2-5-billion-223021200.html

OP
OP
First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
I am seriously considering buying out my lease so I have a truck. And maybe consider buying the F150 next year when production ramps up. Guys think that is a good idea?

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
10 weeks?? Are you serious?? I mean, great for you buddy, and all the best but seriously, there are others on this forum who are going on 26 weeks! Can anyone understand this?
10 weeks is probably the fastest most would expect. I talked to guy from Toyota. He says foam and leather and cloth are harder to come by, right now all suppliers are being delayed, which means some are waiting for chips, others waiting for basic stuff. I ordered some Carhartt seat covers, it’s going on 4 weeks and I got at least another 4 weeks. It took 4 weeks to get a custom sunscreen..2021 is the yr of waiting
if ur wondering about dealer trades/swaps to get ur truck if it’s taking too long on ur custom order, dealers aren't trading, so u may have to travel to find a truck on a dealer lot.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I am seriously considering buying out my lease so I have a truck. And maybe consider buying the F150 next year when production ramps up. Guys think that is a good idea?
It doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I’m driving an older car so waiting for 2022 isn’t ideal for me. no guarantee 2022 may n ot be quick on production, given how late the 2021s are being built. i think 2022 may have cooler features like the payload scale.
Sponsored