My New Lariat

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Very nice. If I would have known I was losing my multi- contour seats, I would have ordered another Lariat. My 2009 is still going strong.
Sponsored

jpsmitty16

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Mine was a 6 month wait. The ultimate test of patience especially when you see that it's built but took 50 days to get put on a train.... I'm glad the wait is over! Enjoy your truck!!
When did you order? I’m at about 4 months and 1 week since order date and still no VIN

OP
OP

Judsondsavoy

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I'm a Platinum guy, but I have learned more since. I wish I would have ordered a Lariat fully optioned. The thing I like about the Lariat vs the Platinum is chrome bumpers. There are pluses and minuses with each trim, but I think the Lariat comes out on top.
I had a 2016 Platinum and every time I washed it I saw the paint chips and the bug guts that screwed up the paint. I love the look of the painted bumpers but I sleep better knowing that the chrome will be a little easier to keep up.

OP
OP

Judsondsavoy

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Congrats to the OP!

I know many prefer the body-colored or 'blackout' look but I'm old-school and like the chrome bumper / grille bars on my Lariat Base 500A with no optional appearance packages at all.

No 'paint dings' and less obvious / easier to remove bug-splatter on those huge areas prone to collecting both. I'm even learning to like the chrome mirror caps for the same (bug-splatter) reason.

01 R.png
Exactly why I ordered the Lariat!

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Very nice. If I would have known I was losing my multi- contour seats, I would have ordered another Lariat. My 2009 is still going strong.
Did you order a '22? You should still get the multi contoured seats. You just don't get the active motion; aka massage function.

Sponsored

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Congrats to the OP!

I know many prefer the body-colored or 'blackout' look but I'm old-school and like the chrome bumper / grille bars on my Lariat Base 500A with no optional appearance packages at all.

No 'paint dings' and less obvious / easier to remove bug-splatter on those huge areas prone to collecting both. I'm even learning to like the chrome mirror caps for the same (bug-splatter) reason.

01 R.png
Looks very similar to the one I have coming, and for the same reasons I selected. Also baja interior was a deciding factor.

Already regret not going with the Tow mirrors though. Ugh.

OP
OP

Judsondsavoy

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I'm a Platinum guy, but I have learned more since. I wish I would have ordered a Lariat fully optioned. The thing I like about the Lariat vs the Platinum is chrome bumpers. There are pluses and minuses with each trim, but I think the Lariat comes out on top.
That's exactly what I did. I ordered the 502A with the power steps like the platinum. I also was able to get 2K off the price and 0 percent interest. They weren't offering that for the KR and the Platinum.

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
Just picked up my new 2022 Lariat in Iconic Silver. Loving this truck so far!
Picture1.jpg
Looks great. Where did you get it from?

Also, how did you arrange the level kit, etc. before pickup with your dealer? My 22 Lariat should be ready for pick up later this month I want them to add a few things that aren't on my original order sheet.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
My 2012 was an FX4, which back then was essentially a Lariat Sport. It had painted bumpers and after 8 years they both were in need of a respray. That of course led me to Chrome on my 2020 Lariat but I was not real crazy about how the "chrome-like PVD" wheels and running boards were aging after just two years. I sold that truck but o ly because I wished I had held onto the 2012 until the 2021 came out...and someone offered me too much money to ignore. I like the Gen14 interior and exterior styling much more even though they aren't a big upgrade over the Gen13. I was really struggling with Platinum vs Lariat, Chrome vs Sport, silver vs gray. I liked the Platinum grille over any other but just didn't care for the Platinum wheel design or tailgate applique.

While pondering all of this hroughout May it completely was off my radar that 2022 orders closed, 2023 production was at that time still 5 months away with who knows how much wait, and how much price increase.

When you filter a search for 157WB, no sunroof, Ingot Silver, Lariat or higher, with tow mirrors...your pickins
get real slim real fast. In the end I found an abandoned Lariat order on a lot with an MSRP set 3 price increases ago and grabbed it. When I found it I realized it's what I really wanted all along.
Ford F-150 My New Lariat 20220609_201657

Sponsored

OP
OP

Judsondsavoy

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Looks great. Where did you get it from?

Also, how did you arrange the level kit, etc. before pickup with your dealer? My 22 Lariat should be ready for pick up later this month I want them to add a few things that aren't on my original order sheet.
Courtesy Ford in Breaux Bridge, La. I shopped around for the tires and level kit and they were in line with the prices at every tire shop that I called. I just paid for them up front and when the truck arrived they installed everything. I just paid for the labor.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
You should still get the multi contoured seats. You just don't get the active motion; aka massage function.
I retract this statement. I now believe the seat may in fact not be multi contoured. It'll still be Platinum trimmed, but I think it might be more Lariat-like. What do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a

01 R.png
I think people really want it to be considered old school so they can feel good about paying for a black pack the XLs get for free, but I think the chrome looks good. It seems like it might be excessive in pictures, and I'll cop to the fact that I thought the Lariat grille was going to be a bit much, but in person it looks a lot better. I love the front end.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
I think people really want it to be considered old school so they can feel good about paying for a black pack the XLs get for free, but I think the chrome looks good. It seems like it might be excessive in pictures, and I'll cop to the fact that I thought the Lariat grille was going to be a bit much, but in person it looks a lot better. I love the front end.
Agreed.

Love the chrome look! Classic and high end!
My Platinum has the chrome mirror caps and door handles, and chrome belt line and chrome tipped power boards, and chrome tipped grill points with chrome bars across, and of course the chrome tailgate handle, and placard .…and I love it. Obviously color coded bumpers on the platinum, but the rest of the chrome offsets it, and it looks very classy. So I hear ya.
Sponsored