Sponsored

Metal tonneau cover?

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
I live in FL and after having vehicles with the plastic wearing significantly after a few years, I wonder if there are any tonneau covers that are made of metal like aluminum? I'd like to avoid material that is going to degrade after years of direct sun. Plus, don't want any rubbery smells in the bed since I'll often have stuff like clothes and food in there. Any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored

riverdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 scabXLT,5.0, 2015 HDFLHXSE
I'm running A.R.E. Fusion, tri fold aluminum, good quality but pricey.
It may be the only brand that will paint match most colors... Space White here

Ford F-150 Metal tonneau cover? 20220528_080506

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Do you just want a basic soft cover? If so take a look at the extang signature. It is a canvas like material similar to a soft top convertible car roof.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Retrax Pro MX is an aluminum roll up style. Looks wonderful but the canister will cost you a foot of bed space.

t-bone82

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 2.7EB XLT Sport
Retrax Pro MX is an aluminum roll up style. Looks wonderful but the canister will cost you a foot of bed space.
My retrax from 2015 leaked pretty bad right out the gate, would never buy or recommend. Have had weather tech alloy on my new truck and love it. Water tight, doesn’t flop in the wind and looks sharp

TNmountainman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F-150 Powerboost
I have the Retrax Pro XR. It's awesome. Very secure (lockable), sturdy, easy to open and close, relatively easy to install. I've had it a year and it still looks and functions as new.

It does take up some bed space, but I dont ever find myself thinking "dang, I wish I had that extra space."

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Truxedo Sentry is a roll up aluminum tonneau with a soft canvas cloth exterior (like a convertible top). I like it. But if I had a do-over I would get a Retrax.

Sponsored

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
I second the Peragon. It leaks a little bit but only from rain, not a car wash. I haven't taken the time to crawl under and search for leaks yet.

I like the security of the dual locks and that I can throw on a roof box or bed racks. I have the Adarac Contour racks and they're awesome. I wanted the Lomax, but didn't want the fold up, vesus the accordion style from Peragon.

Mine:

Ford F-150 Metal tonneau cover? Peragon

From Adarac's page:

Ford F-150 Metal tonneau cover? adarac.JPG

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
Diamondback tonneaus are pretty legit. And aluminum and from what I’ve heard as waterproof as a tonneau comes. I just ordered one and am looking forward to it.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Diamondback tonneaus are pretty legit. And aluminum and from what I’ve heard as waterproof as a tonneau comes. I just ordered one and am looking forward to it.
I keep going around and around with a few different options but I just keep coming back to Diamondback. I want to add the Front Runner T Slots too but could never get a clear answer about whether they prevent a "lay flat" rear panel if they are installed inline. I think they would interfere by preventing that and touching each other and thus put too much stress on the hinges if it was opened. I may have to install them my self or have them offset.

Outlander Expo East is coming in Oct not far from where I am in VA. Diamondback is supposed to be there, so I have material cut to the dimensions of the track to bring with me to see for myself.

I also like the Renegade Tri Fold but that company looks like a little bit of a mess so I ruled them out. Pity really as it does look nice.
Sponsored