WeatherTech AlloyCover tonneau cover

Steeler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat; 2022 F150 Limited
Does your cover have the bare aluminum on the sides? This is what I've been looking for but if there's still bare metal on the sides I'd want to paint it black before installing.

Mine does. The sides are so thin (maybe 1/3 inch) you barely notice it.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I have it on my 2021 Powerboost Platinum and echo everyone's comments. I'm extremely happy with the purchase and have removed it several times when picking up items at Lowe's, etc. Just unhook it and lay it in the bed. The sides of mine were bare aluminum out of the box so I just used a black Sharpie to color it black. Looks much better that way in my opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sapphire

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
So far, so good. I had WeatherTech install it on a rainy day, so I haven’t really tested it thoroughly yet. However, I checked the seals all around, and didn’t see any gaps.
I have a question about this tonneau cover. You stated "second release string that unlatches the panels at the bulkhead". Is that to remove the tonneau cover from the truck or open it from the front?

Thanks
Cindy
As others confirmed, it is to lift it off completely. There’s no way to only open it from the front.
Does your cover have the bare aluminum on the sides? This is what I've been looking for but if there's still bare metal on the sides I'd want to paint it black before installing.
It does, but it’s not too noticeable, and it is smooth. That was the second thing I checked, to make sure it wasn’t jagged. I like the Sharpie idea. I may try that too.
Do you have the automatic tailgate? If so does it work with this cover? Thanks!
I have the power tailgate. This was the first thing I checked. No issues opening or closing.

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Those of you that have these, any issues with spray in liners? Rhino specifically?

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Those of you that have these, any issues with spray in liners? Rhino specifically?
I have Linex, haven't gotten it out in a downpour or while washing yet so I can't speak to waterproofing but it fits and the auto tailgate works.

merc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
I’ve been going down rabbit holes of tonneau cover reviews, and decided to give the WeatherTech AlloyCover (rebranded Lomax) a try. The DiamondBack SE, Bakflip X4s, and Bakflip MX4 were close seconds. The X4s seems out of stock everywhere, and I’m concerned that baddies may try cutting first before realizing there is metal beneath the vinyl. Also, the AlloyCover has a quick release for complete removal versus the hand-tightened knobs on the MX4. The DiamondBack SE can’t be removed easily. A bonus is that WeatherTech is local, and will make it right if something goes wrong.

Who else has been using the AlloyCover?

C6416EF1-F8E4-4597-8803-98F0B151C15F.jpeg
4A2C1DCB-B32F-4156-A987-8B458D00F469.jpeg
I have the Lowmax Black Urethane cover, I like it a lot.

Ford F-150 WeatherTech AlloyCover tonneau cover 651C997A-3AFD-495B-BBD3-68A2D4DEC69E

kcolburn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502A Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Great info here; much appreciated from you all -- having been in that rabbit hole myself!

One other question: It appears that the WeatherTech AlloyCover will allow for installation of a rack as well. Anyone have any experience with it with any racks?

If so, which racks do you recommend? I also want to maintain the BLIS and 360-Camera functionality too, of course, and I expect that some racks are better than others in this respect...
Sponsored