Max Recline Seats (why?)

Theo Caldwell

First Name
Theo Caldwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150
If I don’t plan to ever sleep in the truck, is there any point in upgrading to max recline?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Even sitting in them normally, those shoulder wings are an additional ergonomic surface that's adjustable.

And in my opinion just look more premium for the additional money spent for the KingRanch/Platinum trim.

cptn12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I agree with Snakebitten. I like the additional shoulder bolsters. I have wide shoulders and they seem to make better contact. And like he said. They also add a more premium look to the truck.

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I don't have them, likely will never have that high a trim, but I think that's the kind of thing that, at least once, a situation will arise you've never considered that will make you happy you have them.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
My 2011 XLT was the perfect combo of manual back that would lean far back and powered base. My 2021 without max recline is a big disappointment with the powered back that isn't anywhere close to what I had before. I'd like a max recline just to get what I used to enjoy.

I can count maybe half dozen times in 12 years when I was exhausted and leaning back for a quick snooze was nice. It may not be something you think you'll need, but I agree with what they said the seats just look nicer too.

Sponsored

Cconnss

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT-5.0L-FX4 302AHigh
I put them on my order for 2024 just for the hell of it, watch it hold up my build ha!

I'm curious what they look like in the Lariat trim this year.

SingleSpeed427

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM REBEL (every option)
I too added the MR seats to my order.

- Looks
- Comfort? (hopefully)
- I will probably actually sleep on them. - I tend to nap at some track events where there are several hours between morning and afternoon sessions. I've also had to sleep in my truck once or twice when it was too cold in the tent overnight at the track (I do hotels more often now lol).

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I too added the MR seats to my order.

- Looks
- Comfort? (hopefully)
- I will probably actually sleep on them. - I tend to nap at some track events where there are several hours between morning and afternoon sessions. I've also had to sleep in my truck once or twice when it was too cold in the tent overnight at the track (I do hotels more often now lol).
I've slept in the truck a few times. And the max reclines were sufficient for the naps I needed. But I wasn't fully reclined, so that feature itself wasn't in play. But the seats architecture (shoulder wings) are regardless of angle.

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
My 2011 XLT was the perfect combo of manual back that would lean far back and powered base. My 2021 without max recline is a big disappointment with the powered back that isn't anywhere close to what I had before. I'd like a max recline just to get what I used to enjoy.

I can count maybe half dozen times in 12 years when I was exhausted and leaning back for a quick snooze was nice. It may not be something you think you'll need, but I agree with what they said the seats just look nicer too.
I agree with powered base and manual recline being the perfect set-up (I had in my '13 tahoe). There's too many times when I need full recline quickly (usually to grab something at a stop light).

NotMyName

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2022 F150 Platinum
I’m 6’2” and noticed the regular seat had a ridge line right across my back shoulders. Felt like I was too tall for the seat by around an inch or so. The max recline don’t have that ridge line and are very comfy. That being said, I think the seats in my 2017 were much more cushy and comfy. The foam in my 2022 feels more firm. Both are platinums.

Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
I don't have them, likely will never have that high a trim, but I think that's the kind of thing that, at least once, a situation will arise you've never considered that will make you happy you have them.

It's really strange that the Max Recline seats are not available in the standard Platinum 701A.

Ford F-150 Max Recline Seats (why?) 1711652105996-cr

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Might just be me, but I can think of at least one reason, and it doesn't involve sleep. ;)
If you can afford max recline seats but can't get a room you're up to something ;)

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I agree with powered base and manual recline being the perfect set-up
No no no lol. I may not have a KR, but I love the power recline fine adjustment steps. On long trips I can make slight angle adjustments along with the lumbar bladder to relieve pressure points and keep comfortable. I drive a GL Expedition at work and the manual adjustments are too large I find.

My 302A spoils me ;)

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
It's really strange that the Max Recline seats are not available in the standard Platinum 701A.
That is odd.... I thought they were standard with Platinum up. Of course, I'm 6 foot and the prospect of a flat 4 foot bench does not inspire sleeping confidence. :unsure: Or deo they telescope?
Sponsored