Sponsored

2025 Ford Explorer Infotainment

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
You'll have a friend. While it feels less "manly" to have a turn knob I absolutely hate the stupid stick shifter they put in with their stupid gimmick to lay it down (but only while parked).
I’m completely on board with this. I would much rather have a low profile knob than the craptastic folding shifter. The shifter in the 13gen was vastly superior.

The manly’ness of our trucks was out the window long ago when we started putting leather massaging seats and trailer backup assist in them so why not. The Ram guys have been wearing the shift knob skirt for years now I’m pretty sure too, but they have always been special.

Even better would be to give an option to those with the work surface, but that is even less likely.

On the flip side, I love all of these photos of the new Explorer (and Escape?) interiors, so it’s possible my own personal manly’ness could be questioned here, so I absolutely do not speak for everyone 💋
Sponsored

OP
OP
Abraham5G

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
I agree with you on the dial vs our cheap motorized lever. I would prefer the dial to be on the dash similar to Ram to free up space. One good thing about the lever is that I can rest my hand on it while adjusting the hvac and volume dials. This is rare though as I can adjust the volume on the steering wheels and I leave the hvac on auto setting.

Over this garbage below, yes, absolutely. And I will die on this hill. :)

1706866939268.png

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I bought my truck in Area-51 Blue. I lost my man-card as soon as I picked this color 💄💆‍♀️💃

js312

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Director
The shifter in the 13gen was vastly superior.
It's not so much the shifter that bothers me with my 14th gen. It's the change of the drive mode and 4WD selection. I liked the button better for drive mode and the dial better for 4WD. The dial for the drive mode is annoying because it's not as responsive as it should be, so I often stop short of the mode I want.

I also thought I would like the fact that it controls 4WD based on drive mode, but it's actually annoying. Like if I'm in slippery mode in 4A, then decide I want normal mode with 4A, it switches to 2H and I have to change it back.

Reactions: DK4

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
LOOK AT THE GEAR SHIFTER 😍
Aw, nuts. Another knob. We have a '22 ST and would pay for an optional t-shifter. It feels weird not having a place to rest my right hand turning longer drives or at least pretend I'm rowing through the gears like the good old days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Abraham5G

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
Andre shows the navigation map on the instrument cluster beginning at the 6:40 mark in the video

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
In all seriousness, I've been planning to buy a new Pilot next year, but this refresh has me thinking about the Explorer. My '21 powerboost is my first Ford in ~35 years of vehicle ownership.

For those that have one, do you have the 2.3 or the 3.0 engine and what has your experience been with each?

I found the https://www.explorerst.org/ forum, but is there one for all explorers similar to this site to lurk around?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
In all seriousness, I've been planning to buy a new Pilot next year, but this refresh has me thinking about the Explorer. My '21 powerboost is my first Ford in ~35 years of vehicle ownership.
The 3.0 is a 2.7 derivative and an easy powertrain choice. It seems ford is distancing itself from hybrids / PHEVs. They sell the PHEV explorer in europe, but not in the states despite being built here. Given current federal rebate ($7,500), PHEVs could cost less than any other engine option. They got greedy putting it under the lincoln badge and mostly priced it out of the rebate applicability, because of course they did. I'd see how things pan out between now and then.
Sponsored