Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
Last edited:

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ha funny timing on this. I don't use mine very much, but did on the long drive for Christmas and worked just fine for me, even in my newer 23 now. I haven't updated it since I got it so still running same software it came with.

Any of them should allow you to install Disney+, its just another app at this point and works on anything android essentially. Might need to get the apk but should work.

My MMB is still laggy and slow as hell, so I started looking and seems like there are some better options now. This one seems to have the most power out of the bunch at the moment plus can get it with a remote which would make using it much easier IMO.

https://exploter.com/products/explo...7-ghz-gps-hdmi-8gb-ram?variant=42609590304961
@superfordman So when the version of Disney+ App gets old enough that Disney forces you to update, the Play store usually doesn't let you download the new version on custom operating systems (like your and mine MMB-- I also experience this on projectors running android). I haven't had luck sideloading, but will keep that in mind thanks to other's feedback.

Thanks for the link to the applepie rocket. I'll keep my eye on trying something like that because of how great a mouse would be-- I tried really hard to connect a bluetooth mouse/keyboard to the MMB, but after several attempts it became clear that the mediabox's bluetooth functionality only allowed it to connect to your phone, and not bluetooth peripherals-- ie it's not really full bluetooth functionality.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
@superfordman
Thanks for the link to the applepie rocket. I'll keep my eye on trying something like that because of how great a mouse would be-- I tried really hard to connect a bluetooth mouse/keyboard to the MMB, but after several attempts it became clear that the mediabox's bluetooth functionality only allowed it to connect to your phone, and not bluetooth peripherals-- ie it's not really full bluetooth functionality.
I know we tried left and right to do that and no go, so thats the first thing that caught my eye with this one is the remote.

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One more question for those following: while I wait to receive my new carlinkit, I noticed my old MMB is now working full-screen. I would think it's just the normal, inconsistent sometimes working / sometimes not experience I've had over the past year, but when searching the forum I saw somewhere in the VIN lookup thread that an OTA update enabled full-screen carplay, and thought maybe I just got an update that changed things.

Let me know if anyone else noticed a positive change; otherwise disregard.

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I am taking my truck in for service on monday.

I want to know if my 12" screen is defective. The right side (probably 0.25") is not responsive at all. This means when using Android/Carplay, i am not able ot tap any icons on that side (think Youtube / Settings COG).

I am not able test this with jsut the factory Ford functions as nothing uses that right side. Can someone test to see if it works?

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Am I the only one that's having trouble with the correct time on my Carlinkit? I thought for sure with the most recent auto update the problem would be solved but not so much. No matter how I just the settings, it always reverts back to the wrong time zone within 5 seconds of my adjustments.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Am I the only one that's having trouble with the correct time on my Carlinkit? I thought for sure with the most recent auto update the problem would be solved but not so much. No matter how I just the settings, it always reverts back to the wrong time zone within 5 seconds of my adjustments.
Trying this again, am I the only person that is dealing with the incorrect time being displayed on the CarLinkIt?

Seems no matter what I do, as soon as I change the time, it reverts back to the incorrect time/time zone in less than 5 sec.

Hopefully, someone will reply?

Thanks!

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trying this again, am I the only person that is dealing with the incorrect time being displayed on the CarLinkIt?

Seems no matter what I do, as soon as I change the time, it reverts back to the incorrect time/time zone in less than 5 sec.

Hopefully, someone will reply?

Thanks!
Sorry I don't have a useful answer, but just to avoid frustration, you may have to manage your expectations with these boxes. When I saw your post, I remembered that mine won't display any other locality besides Schenzen, China, so if you get 5 minutes of correct time, you may be ahead of the pack.

OP
OP
m_bt54

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I’m the one who started this thread and I eventually gave up on these because they all had issues and caused more frustration than were useful. I eventually went with Naviks and a connected Chromecast w/ Google Tv and have enjoyed hundreds of hours of streaming video in my truck since.

Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry I don't have a useful answer, but just to avoid frustration, you may have to manage your expectations with these boxes. When I saw your post, I remembered that mine won't display any other locality besides Schenzen, China, so if you get 5 minutes of correct time, you may be ahead of the pack.
Screw it, I'm packing up the family, putting the Platty in a container, and we're moving to Schenzen, China! No way I'm letting this plastic box get the win. I'll send photos ⛩

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m the one who started this thread and I eventually gave up on these because they all had issues and caused more frustration than were useful. I eventually went with Naviks and a connected Chromecast w/ Google Tv and have enjoyed hundreds of hours of streaming video in my truck since.
Thanks for starting the thread. I know after the investment in Navicks, there's really no going back, but just FWIW, after purchasing 5 or 6 of these boxes and trying them, the Carlinkit (the one everyone has been posting about lately) is working without a hitch for the past 3 weeks. (I guess for your next F150...)

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Free stuff: I'm not longer using this MMB (replaced with carlinkit). It still works fine-- updated and has Disney Plus-- it just doesn't consistently give you full 12" screen (it does sometimes). Let me know if someone would use it, and I'll mail it to you for the cost of postage. Otherwise it's going in the bin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9G5JTZF

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
Free stuff: I'm not longer using this MMB (replaced with carlinkit). It still works fine-- updated and has Disney Plus-- it just doesn't consistently give you full 12" screen (it does sometimes). Let me know if someone would use it, and I'll mail it to you for the cost of postage. Otherwise it's going in the bin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9G5JTZF
I am interested. PM Sent.

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
the Carlinkit (the one everyone has been posting about lately) is working without a hitch for the past 3 weeks. (I guess for your next F150...)
Posting to say I was considering a $375 option but after reading this thread, bought the Carlinkit and have found it to be acceptable. Only issue so far is that google maps does not pinch-to-zoom, but maps has a one finger solution.

The carlinkit is a bit slow and I find that audio via pandora requires a lot more volume but everything else is fine. Fullscreen very easy.
Sponsored