• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
My dealer just called and said I am not wave 2. He got 7 allocations in wave 2. I reserved 5/19 at 10:09 PM there are 22 people before me. Dealer said three people before me have already said they will not convert.
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My dealer just called and said I am not wave 2. He got 7 allocations in wave 2. I reserved 5/19 at 10:09 PM there are 22 people before me. Dealer said three people before me have already said they will not covert.
Out of how many?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I called my dealer, and finally I was able to talk to the sales representative. Apparently I am in Wave 2, and he said there will be no need for me to come in. He advised me not getting any power running boards due to the severe shortage of parts. Also, there would be "no need" for a buyers invoice since they never charge over MSRP, nor add-on any crazy fees - ever. In fact, he mentioned a dealer in NJ that already got in trouble with Ford since they did that with the Bronco.

Sponsored

88notch

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1988 mustang coupe , three dodge Rams , 4runner ,
Occupation
Engineer entrepreneur
If we were to average out the number of reservations each dealer claim to have we'd be looking at 500k+.
I don't understand why they can't make more than 20k units as a mechanical engineer. Economics say make at least 100 grand units . Didn't they make half a darn million mustangs in 1965?!?!?!. This is Ford king of assembly line . 20k units is a bad move will loose so much business to Chevy

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I don't understand why they can't make more than 20k units as a mechanical engineer. Economics say make at least 100 grand units . Didn't they make half a darn million mustangs in 1965?!?!?!. This is Ford king of assembly line . 20k units is a bad move will loose so much business to Chevy
As been discussed, I think they would love to do that but battery capacity and chip shortages are the limiting factors. I also do think that the production style is different (sleds versus moving lines) in this factory than in the past which should actually lead to better quality and at some point the ability create a more automated line. It is new to them though.

OP
OP
TheRealDlo

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
I’m anxiously staring at my inbox now. I am assuming they’ll probably go out later in the day like Wave 1–but I just want to know!
Didn't LAST ordering period send emails Wednesday afternoon with Orders allowed on Thursday? That is what I am expecting. Emails later today, order tomorrow.

OP
OP
TheRealDlo

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Chevy isn't making anything yet so

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
If Ford can't get batteries or microchips they can't really pump out endless amounts of Lightnings. Ease up on losing business to Chevy seeing how they aren't making a Silverado EV for at least two years. Not to mention Silverado EV pricing hasn't been released either so there's that as well.

Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Didn't LAST ordering period send emails Wednesday afternoon with Orders allowed on Thursday? That is what I am expecting. Emails later today, order tomorrow.
According to many people on this forum two weeks ago, they ordered before they even got emails.
Fleet ordering started the day before retail ordering, but retail orders went live before the emails were even received.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
If Ford can't get batteries or microchips they can't really pump out endless amounts of Lightnings. Ease up on losing business to Chevy seeing how they aren't making a Silverado EV for at least two years. Not to mention Silverado EV pricing hasn't been released either so there's that as well.
Ford has learned with the Mach-E and Bronco that in this era of COVID and supply chain issues, it can over promise and under deliver without much punishment from its customers.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Plus the First Edition Silverado is $105,000 for the equivalent of the Platinum at 90k-ish

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
main limitation is battery. Ford can churn out F150 bodies into the 100s of thousands but they are years behind Tesla etc in battery production. 2023 is around when the new SK plant opens and we'll see an uptick in production shortly after but until then its a trickle

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
main limitation is battery. Ford can churn out F150 bodies into the 100s of thousands but they are years behind Tesla etc in battery production. 2023 is around when the new SK plant opens and we'll see an uptick in production shortly after but until then its a trickle
Yes, and that will be limiting factor - batteries. Now that companies realize they may have issues getting goods and technology from other countries, they need to make plans to source those goods/technology from the current country that they are in. Not to say that they won't still get these things from other places, this is a world economy after all.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.