Lifetime Powertrain Warranty

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I passed on the dealership ESP and Maintenance sales pitch knowing that I could get something online from Flood and other known providers that have been recommended on here. I was doing some research and the prices aren't worth it for Florida. Another kicker is the dealership I bought from offers a lifetime Powertrain warranty on all new Fords so I in theory would be paying for something partially I don't need.

Checkout their warranty...seems legit. $100 deductible. My only risk is any of the major non-powertrain items. I'm thinking I should pass for now on an additional plan.

https://www.peacockford.com/peacock-lifetime-warranty.htm
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Be careful and read the contract. Sometimes they require that they do all the services, which means inflated oil change costs, etc.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Yep make sure you read the fine print. You will probably have to hit every scheduled maintenance and most likely have it done at that dealer.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
With normal maintenance, the turbo looks to be the only thing covered that could potentially have a failure and need replaced. The extended warranty most are getting covers literally everything. Powertrain failures in stock vehicles are rare even with substandard maintenance.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I am actually in the same situation as you on this. I specifically looked for a dealer with this type of warranty when I ordered mine. I tend to keep my trucks a long time and my thinking is I will probably still purchase a ford policy to cover bumper to bumper and have this lifetime policy to pickup after it ends. I did read the fine print and the main limitations is maintenance needs to be performed on a regular basis, and no lifts with oversized tires.

You might call the dealership and find out who the plan is with and then do research on the company. The one I have is CNA Warranty which I found to have pretty good reviews. They even had an additional Gap policy that would include bumper to bumper for lifetime.

Biggest thing is do your research on the company. As far as Ford ESP you can still purchase through Flood even though your in Florida you just need to call them.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
With normal maintenance, the turbo looks to be the only thing covered that could potentially have a failure and need replaced. The extended warranty most are getting covers literally everything. Powertrain failures in stock vehicles are rare even with substandard maintenance.
Exactly. With my truck I have no doubt that the powertrain (barring manufacturing issues that crop up later) will easily make 150k miles. I opted for the ESP because of all the tech onboard. How many of us keep our phones or tablets for 8+ years and expect them to work flawlessly the entire time?

OP
OP
ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
All good points...thx guys. I'd like to keep this truck a long time (6-8 yrs) as I like the tech especially the 7.2 pro power on board. However I think the electric version and potentially as other manufacturers develop strong offerings I can see me moving on...so I am going to pass on ESP.
Sponsored