Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
For Rugedraw 1FTEX1EPXMKE04415
Nothing in your OTA history since 2.6.0 failed to install on 9/26. Even then, that updates package is for the APIM and TCU, so I don't see why it would change anything on your instrument panel. I don't have a good answer for you.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If I understand your statement correctly, the answer would be no.
Thursday after putting some gold in my tank, I told the nav to take me to Red Lobster 60+ miles away. I know how to get there, just playing with nav. As soon as I was on the xway the large center display stayed in place showing the next turn 53 miles away. It never went away. Only the miles to the turn changed as I was going down the road. When I got to that turn another large "map" showed the next turn that was xway exit. The screen never went back to the small arrow and the miles left to the turn.
I gotta admit that is NOT what I experience.
I often tell Alexa to route me to home, or work, even though I obviously know the way. But I do that because I prefer the scaling of the instrument panel objects with navigation enabled. But mine behaves as I described, or I wouldn't be very happy. :)

Or put another way, I would not be happy giving up the center screen real estate for navigation permanently during the trip. That's crazy. And I assure you it isn't Ford's intention. (the gnashing of teeth would be legendary)

I wonder if your truck is caught in a no-man's-land between update/versioning of the APIM and IPC?

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Nothing in your OTA history since 2.6.0 failed to install on 9/26. Even then, that updates package is for the APIM and TCU, so I don't see why it would change anything on your instrument panel. I don't have a good answer for you.
Well, With my dealer making three attempts to fix the problem and then finally replacing the APIM last month and it still looks like it will not receive updates, anything could happen. Just a broke truck they can't fix.
Thanks for the info.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I gotta admit that is NOT what I experience.....Or put another way, I would not be happy giving up the center screen real estate for navigation permanently during the trip. That's crazy.

I wonder if your truck is caught in a no-man's-land between update/versioning of the APIM and IPC?
Nor did I. Until this past week. It does not bother me since the cruise info is still on the screen under the speedometer. The little arrow and the miles to turn are what I had for 15 months.
Dealer did replace the APIM in September, but it looks like that did not help much in truck getting updated. Oh, well.......

Sponsored

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@Doggy-Dog mine does that. Can just hit the down or up arrow on the steering wheel and it will put it up top. Try that next time.
Wow! That is interesting. Since I never saw this happen since Tuesday, my best guess I must have hit the down arrow by accident and it popped up. I will check that out.
Happy to read it showed up for some one else.

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
Shows up for me all the time on the dash within a certain distance of a turn. After the turn it goes back to normal screen.

I just use my steering wheel buttons as @antho wrote and it goes back to the previous display (either Trip 1 or Fuel Economy - just got my PB so still very much obsessed w/ fuel consumption)

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Shows up for me all the time on the dash within a certain distance of a turn. After the turn it goes back to normal screen.
And that is the way mine used to work until just recently. Now on all the time. Arrows will make it go back to "normal."
......And still no updates coming to my broke truck. Ford is now ignoring me.
Sponsored