Sponsored

No updates being received

Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have had my f150 for 3 months and have received no updates pushed..i have auto updates on and scheduled..

whats strange is when i go into the FordPass app under updates…it basically shows under auto updates and schedule how to turn that on..not that it is on…

maybe truck is out of sync with system?

my current sync version is the following

(SYNC4 v4.0.20301

i have no carplay in instrument cluster so i know im not on the newest
Sponsored

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
I hand had mine over a month now with no updates either. It puzzles me. Hope someone has some ideas

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Had from end of Aug. and no updates. And as buggy as it acts, I feel like it needs one. I have done soft restarts twice on it. I guess I will try hard restart.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I had mine manually updated per TSB 21-2310 last week and so far it seems to have taken care of a lot of weird issues the Sync was having with connection issues. I also now have carplay in the instrument cluster now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had mine manually updated per TSB 21-2310 last week and so far it seems to have taken care of a lot of weird issues the Sync was having with connection issues. I also now have carplay in the instrument cluster now.
Did you have it updated at the dealership or download?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Same here. Had mine since May, no updates all.

OP
OP

Larryfl1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
can someone tell me what shows in your ford pass app on the phone in updates…. Mine simply tells me how to setup the truck for updates and schedules…i have that already setup on the truck and thought the app should update and show the Schedule etc…im thinking something is out of sync…

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
can someone tell me what shows in your ford pass app on the phone in updates…. Mine simply tells me how to setup the truck for updates and schedules…i have that already setup on the truck and thought the app should update and show the Schedule etc…im thinking something is out of sync…
My Ford pass app says the same. It used to tell me I was up to date, but now it just provides instructions to setup automatic updates. My sync version is also out of date now.

Sponsored

PeteRit

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat PB
Occupation
Retired
You can log into the Ford website and it will show the last sync update on the vehicle dashboard page. It won't show the power up OTA version history though. Still no way to tell what your last ota update was. I know mine has 12k miles, it's build date was Feb 21 and the last update was Feb 26. It's in my garage, locked, connected to a strong WiFi signal every night and still I got nothing.
Ford F-150 No updates being received A84CF637-C400-4452-803A-BBA12CF01380

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I was in the parking lot of a doctor's office Monday afternoon listening to FM radio and around 2:15 the music cuts out, my Sync 4 screen goes blank for a few seconds then station comes back on. Didn't really think much of it. About 10 mins later I noticed in my FordPass app it said 1 Vehicle Alert. So I tap on it and it says Update Successful. Apparently I got the FordPower-Up 1.7.1 which it states is Navigation, other enhancements. So there's that. Well at least for me. Probably everyone else already got theirs.

Jack Miter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I had 1.7.1 and CarPlay maps in the center cluster updated back in October. Then I got an alert for antilock brakes and battery drain, pull off the road and get to a dealer for service... huh? Brought it to the dealer, they kept it for three days to "reprogram" the truck. When I got it back I noticed maps was gone from the center cluster. When I checked sync it was back to 1.4.0, brought it back to the dealer for another day. Did nothing, said it was updated to latest update they had. I explained it just like I did here and they said they don't have access to 1.7.1 and to call Ford customer Service to see if they can push it OTA. I chatted with someone through Ford Owner site, after they did some checking on my truck's history they said I was up to date... brilliant. Then asked at the end of the chat if I was happy with the service I received. Can't make it up. 63k... ?‍♂

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I really hope Ford realizes the OTA stuff sucks(for now) and lets us download and install it like we could with sync3
Sponsored