Sponsored

IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets

hisa1111

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502B AntiMatter Blue
I was getting ground fault error since the day I picked up my truck in Oct 2022, finally fixed this week. I left the truck with the dealer for a week. They had a elec tech work on it for a full day. He found a "pinched wire" in a harness and now its working. They are going to send me their "RO" report (goes to Ford Corp for Warrantee payment) when completed. I will post the exact details that describe exactly where in the chain from engine compartment harness through to bed harness the actually faulty wire was located. Might help a few of you. Now that is working I will see what happens when it gets wet.
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I was getting ground fault error since the day I picked up my truck in Oct 2022, finally fixed this week. I left the truck with the dealer for a week. They had a elec tech work on it for a full day. He found a "pinched wire" in a harness and now its working. They are going to send me their "RO" report (goes to Ford Corp for Warrantee payment) when completed. I will post the exact details that describe exactly where in the chain from engine compartment harness through to bed harness the actually faulty wire was located. Might help a few of you. Now that is working I will see what happens when it gets wet.
Yeah, electrical problems are a bitch to diagnos. A pitched wire is very hard to find......

Glad its solved.

Heyben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Been having this issue for 6 weeks, dealer said they will replace the panel. HOWEVER, I've been waiting 3 weeks for one on backorder and they just told me it won't be here until May...Lame.

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Been having this issue for 6 weeks, dealer said they will replace the panel. HOWEVER, I've been waiting 3 weeks for one on backorder and they just told me it won't be here until May...Lame.
Yeah that sucks.

BroCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Subaru WRX STI, 2019 Explorer Platinum
I just started having this issue at 3,800 miles. Only when it rains or snows.

Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Yeah that sucks.
Sorry to hear. I dealt w the issue for 15 months before i advised em what i learned here on this Forum (YES!!)And figured out myself . Dealer listened and took a while to get panel and replaced connections beneath panel and now my generator works as intended 😉

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
I just dropped off my truck for the same issue, for a third time.

Ford F-150 IT'S FIXED>>>>>>Pro Power Onboard keep turning off while driving with nothing plugged into outlets PXL_20230321_221859623

This popped on the screen about 20 minutes after I picked it up from the dealer. I took a picture with my watch showing the time and date just in case.

This was the second time I took it in, and I made sure to disconnect all aftermarket accessories, we pulled the fuses for all that stuff. The technician took the easy way out and said aftermarket accessories were causing the problem.

We now physically disconnected all the aftermarket accessories connected to the vehicles electrical systems.

I just dropped it off for a third time, same issue. Emailed the link to this thread to one of the service managers also.

My truck had this issue at 25 mi on the odometer, before I even left the dealership., Most of the accessories went on between 500 and a thousand miles. It's now showing just under 12k miles and it's ongoing without fail every time it rains.

I think the most frustrating part for me, is the advisors and the managers keep telling me that if they can't find a problem and Ford doesn't pay for it, I'll have to pay 169 per hour for electrical diagnostics. I bought the extended warranty and the Ford maintenance plan for 125 k miles.

Last edited:

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I just dropped off my truck for the same issue, for a third time.

PXL_20230321_221859623.jpg

This popped on the screen about 20 minutes after I picked it up from the dealer. I took a picture with my watch showing the time and date just in case.

This was the second time I took it in, and I made sure to disconnect all aftermarket accessories, we pulled the fuses for all that stuff. The technician took the easy way out and said aftermarket accessories were causing the problem.

We now physically disconnected all the aftermarket accessories connected to the vehicles electrical systems.

I just dropped it off for a third time, same issue. Emailed the link to this thread to one of the service managers also.

My truck had this issue at 25 mi on the odometer, before I even left the dealership., Most of the accessories went on between 500 and a thousand miles. It's now showing just under 12k miles and it's ongoing without fail every time it rains.

I think the most frustrating part for me, is the advisors and the managers keep telling me that if they can't find a problem and Ford doesn't pay for it, I'll have to pay 169 per hour for electrical diagnostics. I bought the extended warranty and the Ford maintenance plan for 125 k miles.
Message me. Dealt with it 15 months and solved it

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
General Contractor
Spoke with Ford Concern Team at corporate. They created a case, but said they can't really do anything other than suggest visiting a different dealer.

Seems silly, but I guess it is what it is. I'll let the dealership do this round of troubleshooting again, and see what they say.

I suppose I can try a different dealer if the issue is ongoing.

Frustrating part for me is that I'm a General contractor, and I bought the truck specifically because of the ProPower, which can't be used when it's wet outside.

I do have a cover on the bed, watertight, no water gets in since I put it on in December... The issue persists though

Sponsored

OP
OP

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Spoke with Ford Concern Team at corporate. They created a case, but said they can't really do anything other than suggest visiting a different dealer.

Seems silly, but I guess it is what it is. I'll let the dealership do this round of troubleshooting again, and see what they say.

I suppose I can try a different dealer if the issue is ongoing.

Frustrating part for me is that I'm a General contractor, and I bought the truck specifically because of the ProPower, which can't be used when it's wet outside.

I do have a cover on the bed, watertight, no water gets in since I put it on in December... The issue persists though
Did they replace the panel with the plugs in the bed. I started this thread and finally got it fixed as you probably read.

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
General Contractor
No, not yet.

I dropped it off for a third time, and sent the link to this thread to one of the managers. I hope they narrow it down, and see that the replacement panel has fixed the same issue for several other people.

The service advisor I originally worked with, and shared this info is out on vacation or something this week, so I'm not sure it got shared with the rest of the advisors or managers.

Hopefully they can troubleshoot it better than simply blaming my aftermarket accessories.

Ford said they can't compell anyone to do a particular repair, which is why they suggested trying a different dealer, which will be my next step if these guys can't figure it out.

ozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB
Reviving this thread. I am also plagued with this same issue. Snow, wet, etc. The dealer just keeps saying they can not replicate it. What has everyone's best course of action been? Contacting Ford Directly?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If I experienced the issue only in wet conditions, yet the dealership played the shenanigans posted in this thread, I'd want to personally eliminate the bed panel from being the issue.
That should be easy enough by removing it from the mount and placing it in a sealed bag of some kind. Where it couldn't possibly be exposed to moisture.

If the error doesn't appear when it would have normally,......... Well that would be compelling evidence.

If the error does still appear, then you move on to the next potential water egress component. (eg harness connectors)

egap69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a 21 Powerboost and had my pro power panel replaced in early 2023 to fix the ground fault issue when it’s wet out. Well sure enough the problem has come back and dealer is now saying that another panel is not covered under warranty. Apparently there is a TSB out where they reprogram the pro power control module? Anyone have any details on this?
Sponsored