Sponsored

Ground fault with nothing plugged in 7.2kW

yourinternetfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB
MY22 built in Jan and picked up two weeks ago, now with around 1k miles.

Also having this issue - first popped up after I parked the truck outside in the snow at my in-laws over the weekend. It's been dry since Sunday but still haven't been able to shake the ground fault errors. Seated the fuses under the hood, but will try the orange cable under the hood near the firewall and grounding wire on the passenger side. Sure does feel like some missing seals or weather proofing though...

Ford F-150 Ground fault with nothing plugged in 7.2kW IMG_2683.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
DMuiser

DMuiser

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My fordpass app doesn't give me an alert like yours, just the pop up on the screen. When the dealer scanned truck there was not sign of the error ever happening... it's very annoying. As most of the time I will ever use the generator the weather will be poor and I can't rely on it to work .

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
After a car wash today I got a message that ProPower needed service. I didn't receive an alert on FordPass. Previously I always got the ground fault message after a car wash, or during rain or snow.

Coolrays

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Pro
Occupation
Project Director
Same problem, I think it may have to do with salt used to melt the snow on roads. i drove mine in the rain last summer with no problem. first slushy snow with salt added and mine faulted out. Ford told me the OTW update in April will fix it. i have my doubt

VHcrna

First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Hybrid, Platinum
Occupation
CRNA
For the past couple weeks every time I turn on the truck I get an error saying “ground fault error” I am unable to reset it by either of the following avenues:

1)pressing reset on the touch screen
2) pressing the button in the cab and the tailgate

This is frustrating as it makes my pro power onboard not usable in the cab or the generator mode.
Had same problem. F150 hybrid. Outlet wouldn't work but the USB port where the phone charger is would still charge my phone at least. No more ground fault errors for some reason but having a whole host of other electrical issues on my 2021 F 150. Dealer is waiting for a chip or panel or something but they have no idea when they can get it.... Will be documenting & hoping to push lemon law soon.

Sponsored

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Any updates here?

Just had this happen to me. Last winter, flawless. This winter, had to bash through 3' snowdrifts for work. Got back on the highway in a blizzard, 15 minutes later, get this warning:
Ford F-150 Ground fault with nothing plugged in 7.2kW PXL_20230111_221252897

Resetting does nothing. Close button turns it off. Was like this for 4 days. Got an appointment at the dealership for next week, but of course, today it started working again. A few things that may have helped:
- checked all the fuses
- unplugged everything from aux power (USB, 110, etc), then disconnected ground on battery, let it sit for 15 minutes.

When I fired the truck up, I got the warning. I pressed "close" cuz I was annoyed. Drove into the mountains (on a snow packed road!), went backcountry skiing. Had a good afternoon, then halfway home realized the warning didn't appear. Tried Genny mode, let her sit like that for 10 minutes, no problems. Low powered mode all the way to town. Picked up dinner, still fine all the way home.

Weird! No rhyme or reason. I'll keep y'all posted.

Cheers.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
There is a huge cluster of connections behind the left rear driver's side tire; from what I can see those connect to the distribution panel in the bed. They are exposed to pretty much anything that the rear tire throws up. If I were having a problem I would disconnect and check each of those connectors, and then find a way to help weatherproof that cluster. A wheel well liner might be a good first step. If you crawl below there you'll see what I'm talking about.
Sponsored