Sponsored

Is this really standard build quality for an 80k truck?

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I think if you have 15years or more then 100k is certainly possible plus health benefits and a pension. They can buy a KR and send their kids to college if they manage things properly.
Idk man I’m making pretty damn close to 6 figures out of college and it spends down fast paying for housing and a truck lol. These days if you aren’t making $200k you seem to need to budget. My STX still seemed expensive to me. I wouldn’t spend Lariat money unless I was grossing over $200,000.

I’d call a King Ranch over-extended if you are only hitting 100k gross earnings.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I’m aware that it’s not a kings’ ransom. But with their discounts after years of making that range of income it’s doable. The John Deere guys out of Moline, IL., and the Caterpillar guys out of Peoria were doing alright back in the day when I worked up there, and I imagine they still are.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I certainly couldn't have funded the vehicles I drive today when I was in the middle of life paying mortgages and raising the kids.

I drove a Suzuki Samaria 😁

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
My 25 year old son always comments about the “gray hairs” driving all the nice cars. I told that’s because all their kids are out of the house!

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
I certainly couldn't have funded the vehicles I drive today when I was in the middle of life paying mortgages and raising the kids.
Same. In fact, my 2023 payment is the same as my mortgage payment was. Yikes!

I drove a Suzuki Samaria 😁
Was that an import from the Israel market? :unsure:

Sponsored

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible 50 Year Appereance Package
Occupation
Work
That's what you get when unions protect mediocre performance and hold a company hostage. Crappy work earns a 25% wage hike
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...negotiators-reach-labor-deal-cnbc-2023-10-25/

I agree that that is part of the problem the other part is buying parts from the lowest bidder especially electronics. My wifes Bronco sport has had the infotainment module replaced twice and still sometimes it refuses to work or the radio will for no resound come on. Our how about all the 2.7 engines especially in full size Broncos eating valves. These problems are not union problems.

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, SuperCab FX4 157" Iconic Silver
Occupation
Political researcher / publisher / Activist leader
I agree that that is part of the problem the other part is buying parts from the lowest bidder especially electronics. My wifes Bronco sport has had the infotainment module replaced twice and still sometimes it refuses to work or the radio will for no resound come on. Our how about all the 2.7 engines especially in full size Broncos eating valves. These problems are not union problems.
Fair point
Sponsored