Sponsored

is Ford streaming worth the renew?

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
i'm using apple carplay and play music off of my phone in the truck. for 10 bucks a month, is this service worth renewing?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
not worth it, never even set mine up during the trial, since it uses amazon music. I use my iPhone and apple music. It would be nice if Ford would a native Apple Music app to Sync.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
^^^ thanks, same boat here. however, we want to keep the Connected Navigation trial in a few month. does that require the Ford streaming service to work?

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
^^^ thanks, same boat here. however, we want to keep the Connected Navigation trial in a few month. does that require the Ford streaming service to work?
No, they are two seperate services. look in the fordpass app or online under your account then connected services and you will see they are two different things.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Since I apparently don't have this, what is "Ford streaming?"

I have the connected navigation, which from my understanding is just traffic, then it will still be functional after that just no new road data.

Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I must be the oddball. Yes, I think it is worth the $10/mo.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
I had it I think for the trial, or maybe I signed up for it. I had it for a couple of months decided it did absolutely nothing for me and cancelled it. I think you have to have it to use Alexa in the truck. And maybe some music streaming that ford provides. It does NOTHING more than what your phone already provides you. Or maybe I couldn't figure out what value it had before I cancelled it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Alexa can stream from other music services as well. She's never complained if I ask her to use Spotify.

The phone I use for most things in the truck doesn't even have a SIM. 😁

So it uses Ford Streaming for $10 a month. Cheaper than AT&T while using AT&T! I feel like I'm get over on them for getting over on me with my other stuff.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I had it I think for the trial, or maybe I signed up for it. I had it for a couple of months decided it did absolutely nothing for me and cancelled it. I think you have to have it to use Alexa in the truck. And maybe some music streaming that ford provides. It does NOTHING more than what your phone already provides you. Or maybe I couldn't figure out what value it had before I cancelled it.
Alexa is a different service. There's 4 connected services that you can pay for, Blue Cruise, Connected Navigation, Alexa and Ford Streaming. You can login to your owner.ford.com account and check the connected services.

The ford streaming is just that streaming service via Amazon Music or Spotify.

Ford Streaming
With Ford Streaming, you can stream your favorite music, podcasts and audiobooks, as well as your local and global news right from your vehicle.

Key Features
Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? {filename}

Your Favorite Music and Playlists
Ask Alexa* to play your go-to albums and artists using Amazon Music or Spotify. You can even ask Alexa to stream your own lovingly crafted playlists – whether your passengers want to hear them or not.

Interactive, In-Vehicle Games
Take the Quiz of the Day on your way to work, play group or kid-approved games with friends and family – plus, enable thousands of additional games using Alexa Skills.

Flash Briefings and Long Form News
Stay up to date with breaking news on-the-go. Simply ask Alexa to “Play the news” or ask for your Flash Briefing – providing a quick rundown of today’s top headlines.

Podcasts, Audiobooks and More
Catch the latest episode of your favorite podcast, listen to audiobooks, even learn a new language – and so much more. Because with Ford Streaming, every drive has as story to tell.

Ford F-150 is Ford streaming worth the renew? screenshot_128

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alexa needs Ford Streaming to stream music
It's confusing, I know

The truck was $80k (insane)
And it's loaded with technology and gadgets and features. I decided I'm not going to gimp any of those things to save $10. Too late to be frugal 😉

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Alexa needs Ford Streaming to stream music
It's confusing, I know

The truck was $80k (insane)
And it's loaded with technology and gadgets and features. I decided I'm not going to gimp any of those things to save $10. Too late to be frugal 😉
Ford Streaming appears to be free as long as you connect Sync 4 WiFi to an internet WAN source. In my case Sync 4 WiFi is connected to Starlink In Motion. As long as Starlink is up, Alexa is happy and stops asking me to pay $10/month.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep. If Alexa can find a gateway, she'll fetch

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Same for me using my phone’s hotspot. I created an automation to turn it on when ever my phone connects to my car with CarPlay or Bluetooth.

To me, paying for ford streaming would be the same as paying for two Netflix accounts- not going to impact my bottom line much but also not fiscally responsible.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
If everyone has AA or Carplay, what's the point of Ford Streaming ? Is it like me paying a kid to mow the yard after I just did it a few minutes prior ?
Sponsored