Sponsored

Inconsistent Air Conditioning Performance

BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost (Job 2)
My AC unit did the same thing a few weeks ago. I live in Arizona and it was mid 90's outside and i was pulling my RV up the mountains. Suddenly the cabin started getting warmer and warmer so i turned the AC fan up higher and next thing i realized we were at Fan Speed 7 but hardly anything was coming out. I verified the air was being directed to the front vents and nothing. I tried switching the air flow to feet or defrost and back to front vents and nothing. I could hear the blower blowing full steam but no air was coming out of ANY vent. Even pulling over and turning the truck off and on it did nothing. Once we got to our destination and the truck sat off for a few hours, everything went back to normal. The problem hasn't happened again. Hopefully it never happens again or a TSB comes out or someone finds the problem. You are not alone with this problem.

There is a TSB for Poor A/C Performance (22-2089). Not sure if this is the concern, but I'll attach it for awareness.
Sponsored

Attachments

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Well it started getting warm here for the first time since I brought home my PB and guess what it’s doing….. anyone ever get this one solved?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I've been fortunate to not have a single reason to visit my dealership with either of the 2 Powerboost F150's I've had.
But I live in tropical Coastal Texas and nothing short of PERFECT air conditioning will be tolerated. Lol

I'm thrilled at how well the AC works with the truck in battery mode. So the bar is high now.

RGJIV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Occupation
GC
I just completed my first 1000 miles on my Lariat power boost mostly local, and the only real concern I have is several situations where the air conditioning had little flow from the open vents and did not cool off the cabin. Other times the cool air flow has high with what I believe to be the same settings. Does anyone have this same experience ? Any thoughts on why or what I may be doing wrong ?
Try disconnecting your phone next time. There is a setting to reduce the AC when you’re on speakerphone. Even if you’re not on the phone, it could think you are. Just an idea.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
Try disconnecting your phone next time. There is a setting to reduce the AC when you’re on speakerphone. Even if you’re not on the phone, it could think you are. Just an idea.
I have the same issues with my 22 XLT 301A. its always auto mode it seems. I just change to manual and change the output locations around and it starts blowing cold. It will try in auto if I lower the temp to lo. It just can’t figure out what to do in auto. Go manual and it gets cold fast. My 2016 did something similar rarely. For that I had to restart the truck.

Sponsored

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Well I took it to the dealership today after sweating my butt off yesterday with it acting up. They are saying evaporator. I’ll post back after if that fixes the problem. All warranty work but they need the truck for 2 full days.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Well I took it to the dealership today after sweating my butt off yesterday with it acting up. They are saying evaporator. I’ll post back after if that fixes the problem. All warranty work but they need the truck for 2 full days.
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

esilver22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Business Owner
Picked up my 2022 Platinum yesterday. Having the same problem. Going in a trip next week. Need this fixed ASAP.

Sponsored

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development

esilver22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Business Owner
Took my truck in to dealer Saturday. Got a call today. There is a bad temperature sensor in the evaporator?? They told me the part is backordered and looks like it may be in by end of June. 😔

Not off to a great start.

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
That’s what they replaced on mine last Friday. 22 Plat PB. It’s a dash pull (wasn’t thrilled with only 3k miles) but so far issue hasn’t come back.
Sponsored