First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm now torn between the two.. I have been going with Carbonized Grey from the very start and nothing else for weeks on the 'build and price' tool but after looking at some videos of Iconic Silver trucks.. I wonder if that would be a better choice for a XL regular cab short bed. I do plan to make my own version of a sport truck with stripes (black or carbon fiber)and one piece tonneau cover.
I plan to go to a local dealer and look myself but wanted to see what yall thought about the two..
Thanks!
Sponsored

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
BOTH ARE GOOD LOOKING COLORS BUT THE SILVER DID IT FOR ME. WHEN I BOUGHT THE TRUCK THE SALESMAN ROLLED OUT THE AMB COLOR AND THE ICONIC SILVER AND THE WAY THE SUN HIT IT AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME IT LOOKED LIKE THOSE OLD MODEL TESTOR BOTTLES OF SILVER PAINT. THAT SOLD ME AND LOOKS GOOD DIRTY

Old Hat

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT RCSB, 2005 ZR2 Blazer 5 sp manual
The Iconic silver is much brighter and will stand out more. Carbonized grey looks good too but will blend in more. Isn't choosing colors fun? :)

Ford F-150 Iconic Silver OR Carbonized Grey XL? F-150-5

zx6roclet

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 tremor
Iconic silver looks sooooo good in person. So wish I had the silver over my black agate. And I hate silver

Sponsored

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
I also vote for iconic silver. Especially if you consider dark wheels. Nothing goes better with a dark wheel than silver. Just pops.

Bobbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport, SC, Iconic Silver, 2.7
Occupation
Retired
My vote is for iconic silver. Easier to keep clean and doesn’t show dirt as much as some of the darker colors. Really stands out on a sunny day.

OP
OP

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
My 2006 SRT-10 was in Mineral Grey Metallic that is similar to Carbonized Grey and from the start of this process of deciding to get a new F-150 I really didn't consider any other color..till now. I like the look of the Shelby Super Snake stripes and am starting to think Iconic silver might work better both with the black XL trim and any stripes I add.

DamnitDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lariat, Rapid Red, BAP
Although I'm a member (hopefully in good standing) of the Rapid Red club, my very first F-150 was a silver 1997 XL 4x4 extended cab with a five-speed manual transmission. That truck will always have a special place in my heart. I vote silver!

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Black highlights make that silver really pop. A silver and black theme is eye catching.

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
I've had three silver trucks, 2003, 2011 and now 2023. The Iconic Silver hands down is my favorite silver of them all. It's just 'richer' looking and a bit darker than the previous trucks. The metallic just pops in the sun and always looks good!

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I was going back and forth between those colors before I ordered mine, but was leaning towards the gray. I was driving by the local dealer and they happened to have one of each parked side by side. After seeing them together in person, I went with the silver.

Natetroknot

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 3.5 302A
I also was choosing between the same colors when I pulled the trigger. I bought off the lot and grey was optioned more to my liking, so that’s what I got.
I’m a die hard silver guy, but really happy with Carbonized Grey. It shows dirt more than silver for sure, but not as much as I thought it would.
I’d have still picked silver all things equal, but they are both really great colors. The only downside-at least around here in Iowa-is that I see an identical Carbonized Grey all the time. The silver, not so much.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Ahhh...silver.
Sponsored