High Trans temps

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Interesting on trans temp. What about water temp in that same range?
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Right I mean have an electric pump on the ICE/Trans loop.
I'm unsure if this is used for the trans or not, but there is an aux coolant pump for the cabin heater core. They're separate valves for allowing fluid to flow, but there is a remote possibility that it could flow to the trans, but I wouldn't expect it. With the exhaust heat exchanger also a component, the PB's system has a few more parts than non PB.

I do know putting the raptor/police interceptor trans cooling system would have been superior to what we've got.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
I'm unsure if this is used for the trans or not, but there is an aux coolant pump for the cabin heater core. They're separate valves for allowing fluid to flow, but there is a remote possibility that it could flow to the trans, but I wouldn't expect it. With the exhaust heat exchanger also a component, the PB's system has a few more parts than non PB.

I do know putting the raptor/police interceptor trans cooling system would have been superior to what we've got.
Is there any information on whether this is solely a bolt on solution for a non-PB F150? Or does this require programming / significant retrofit?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is there any information on whether this is solely a bolt on solution for a non-PB F150? Or does this require programming / significant retrofit?
Quite a few parts to it, plus you'd have to find a way to mount the front rad as it sits in the same place as the HV cooling loop's rad. There's room to do it.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Quite a few parts to it, plus you'd have to find a way to mount the front rad as it sits in the same place as the HV cooling loop's rad. There's room to do it.
One would think this upgrade should have been incorporated in a Max Tow / Tow package for the non PB F150....

Sponsored

OP
OP

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
One would think this upgrade should have been incorporated in a Max Tow / Tow package for the non PB F150....
Yea right, they want you to buy a super duty!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Im seriously wondering if its worth removing the air slats in front of the Radiator...wonder how much of a MPG hit I will take for doing that.
I'd considered removing a few. I removed the intercooler slats. There's 3 of them interconnected with a linkage. The center one provides the motive force, the bottom one provides the fully-open stop point. Not sure how the upper ones are done but you may be able to remove several of them. Impact of cold weather warmup / engine temp keeping is an unknown. While I'd prefer to never have the trans at 220f, I'm not sure you can really mitigate that for puttsing around without opening up a bigger can of worms of unintended consequences.

Ford performance should really put together a trans cooling upgrade kit for us like the tremor skid plate offering. That's about half the cost of buying the parts individually.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Oh look. A thread relevant to the reason I logged in today.

Ford F-150 High Trans temps 1000009581

I normally run around 200-210, unloaded. And now I'm leaking fluid.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I've got an update!

I took mine in for its fluid leak. Apparently the foreman who looked at it in ABQ WAY over filled it to get me home and attempted to reseal the pan.

The tech, today, told me there's essentially a thermostat in the coolant heat exchanger that opens when the transmission is cold to help it warm up. It then closes at normal temps, and will reopen at higher temps. Mine was binding so it was only opening about ¼ of the way. He's getting the part in and I hope this fixes my problem.

My truck also stinks to high hell of burnt transmission fluid.
Sponsored