Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Another head scratcher for getting a KR Powerboost 4x4. Buying strategy; what do you think? I have an X-plan pin and a $2500 private cash offer (thru 1/4) in my buying toolbox.

I have feelers out to 4 dealers (NW Georgia) to see if I can order a KR now using my X-plan pin AND the $2500 cash offer that expires 1/4 even though delivery will be past 1/4. While I wait and check other dealers, here are my buying options in order. For easy math, assume desired truck is $70k and invoice is 66K (X-plan same price). Not including other incentives for example.

1) Use X plan and $2500 offer on an order now with color and options you want. Get what you want, but have to get it in writing about the $2500 (risky) 70-4-2.5 = $63.5k

2) If option one not possible, use X plan and $2500 offer on a similar truck on the lot by 1/4. Assume it’s not your spec and has $3k of options you really don’t need (sun roof, offroad, etc). 73-4-2.5 = $66.5k

3) OR blow off the 2500 offer and say the heck with it and order exactly what you want at 1000 (or more) below invoice. 70-4-1 = $65k

So it seems like try option 1. If that doesn’t work hope to find a stock truck close to your color/spec. If that’s too expensive or not close, just do option 3 and go grab a beer.

Opinions?
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Albert and currybob, a couple of questions if you guys know.

1) On a KR Powerboost with the basic 2.4kW onboard (don't need the 7.2), are there plug-in outlets back in the bed?

2) On my KR PB build, it lets me add the lockable storage with the basic power 2.4kw on board. Is that true?

3) I just need basic small boat or light trailer towing, but I want all the tech gizmos. My build just has the Tow technology pkg. That should cover me for the hitch, lights plug in, etc. correct?

Thank you.

Just to echo the others.

1. Yes, it should be at least 2 120V (three prong wall plug) outlets mounted on the left side wall of the bed.

2. With the PowerBoost, you can have the lockable storage in the interior as well. If it’s a gasoline only engine with ProPower, the inverter in inside the cab underneath the rear seat which is why you cannot have ProPower and lockable storage together.

3. I’ll defer to the experts that already chimed in, lol.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
@Granger Ford
Lots of pages... what is the current deal from Granger on the F150? (I was looking at the Bronco for months so I know your history a bit)
Thanks!

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
@Granger Ford
Lots of pages... what is the current deal from Granger on the F150? (I was looking at the Bronco for months so I know your history a bit)
Thanks!
You need to put together a build and send it to Albert with Granger. He gave me the best deal I could find of any dealer and I don't mind flying to Iowa in the winter to pick up the truck. He's been a stand up guy all of the way through. I do know that they (Granger) are in Bronco "Hell" at the moment, so give him some breathing room to get back to you.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I agree. Albert has been fantastic!

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
@ Granger Ford
Can you do some digging and see if Ford updated Price guide? Or they just Jacked up order code 96J to $1695 and didn't care to update you dealerships with info.

Ford F-150 Granger Ford here to answer your questions 20201123_093139

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
Hello,

Can you answer me if the XLT trim 302A is equipped with a floor shifter, both the Canadian version and the American version. Caise with the configurator in the interior view, it shows no shifter.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Hello,

Can you answer me if the XLT trim 302A is equipped with a floor shifter, both the Canadian version and the American version. Caise with the configurator in the interior view, it shows no shifter.
I could be wrong, but I believe you'd need the Sport Appearance Package to get the center console floor shifter on a XLT.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Another head scratcher for getting a KR Powerboost 4x4. Buying strategy; what do you think? I have an X-plan pin and a $2500 private cash offer (thru 1/4) in my buying toolbox.

I have feelers out to 4 dealers (NW Georgia) to see if I can order a KR now using my X-plan pin AND the $2500 cash offer that expires 1/4 even though delivery will be past 1/4. While I wait and check other dealers, here are my buying options in order. For easy math, assume desired truck is $70k and invoice is 66K (X-plan same price). Not including other incentives for example.

1) Use X plan and $2500 offer on an order now with color and options you want. Get what you want, but have to get it in writing about the $2500 (risky) 70-4-2.5 = $63.5k

2) If option one not possible, use X plan and $2500 offer on a similar truck on the lot by 1/4. Assume it’s not your spec and has $3k of options you really don’t need (sun roof, offroad, etc). 73-4-2.5 = $66.5k

3) OR blow off the 2500 offer and say the heck with it and order exactly what you want at 1000 (or more) below invoice. 70-4-1 = $65k

So it seems like try option 1. If that doesn’t work hope to find a stock truck close to your color/spec. If that’s too expensive or not close, just do option 3 and go grab a beer.

Opinions?
Both of my local dealers have given me a firm NO on locking in the $2,500. I am not sure why some dealers say Yes to locking in and others say No. Interested to hear what the dealers you speak with say. Who are you reaching out to? Lived in Atlanta Metro for close to 30 years.

I'm blowing off the $2500 and getting what I want. The dealers here hardly ever order trucks in a configuration that appeals to me.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Both of my local dealers have given me a firm NO on locking in the $2,500. I am not sure why some dealers say Yes to locking in and others say No. Interested to hear what the dealers you speak with say. Who are you reaching out to? Lived in Atlanta Metro for close to 30 years.

I'm blowing off the $2500 and getting what I want. The dealers here hardly ever order trucks in a configuration that appeals to me.
My concern too. The dealer lot configurations weren't working for me either. I hit up managers at 4 local dealers about the $2500 PCO with the email from Ford. 2 responded after they researched it.

One GM said they can protect it from the date it is ordered. He attached their internal program guide for Ford incentive protections. I posted that on the ordering thread I think.

The other sales manager wrote me " I was checking with my representative from Ford Motor Credit to get a definite answer on the direct cash offer usage. I was informed that as long as the vehicle is ordered before the direct offer expires that the dealer can "lock" in the incentives. So, yes you can combine the direct offer with the current incentives on THE ORDER DATE. Those incentives will then be applied when the vehicle arrives and you take delivery." He also sent me a build sheet on my specs with X-plan discount, King Ranch discounts, $2500 PCO cash, and $1800 incentives for loan and others subtracted. I ordered it from him on Monday.

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Especially since Ford uses plastic oil pans! And I agree on not wanting to pay $1k for the FX4 package, when the only thing I really wanted were the skid plates. Don't need their off-road shocks, or their fancy weathertech knock-off floor liners, and I'd arleady get the E-Locker with Max Tow if it didn't already come standard with the PowerBoost. I can do without the stickers and the Rock-Crawl Drive mode.
Maybe this is a glitch, but when I use the build and price tool I can add skid plates for $0 with no Fx4 package. Almost makes me regret ordering fx4 package because I only wanted it for the 3.55 E-locker ( I have a 2.7 so can’t do the max trailer tow to get this), and the skid plates. Hill descent control may be helpful but idk if it’s worth $530 upgrade over just ordering the 3.55 E-locker for $470 and adding the skid plates for free. The Fx4 sticker will be coming off day 1, the floor mats will be replaced with husky ones as soon as they come out with one, I don’t intend to use rock crawl mode, and the off road tuned front shocks absorbers won’t matter when I get 5100s for the front end later to level it. My order hasnt been picked up yet so I’m considering changing to save $530.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe this is a glitch, but when I use the build and price tool I can add skid plates for $0 with no Fx4 package. Almost makes me regret ordering fx4 package because I only wanted it for the 3.55 E-locker ( I have a 2.7 so can’t do the max trailer tow to get this), and the skid plates. Hill descent control may be helpful but idk if it’s worth $530 upgrade over just ordering the 3.55 E-locker for $470 and adding the skid plates for free. The Fx4 sticker will be coming off day 1, the floor mats will be replaced with husky ones as soon as they come out with one, I don’t intend to use rock crawl mode, and the off road tuned front shocks absorbers won’t matter when I get 5100s for the front end later to level it. My order hasnt been picked up yet so I’m considering changing to save $530.
It is a glitch. Albert confirmed the stand-alone skid plates are only available for fleet orders. Unfortunately, before I got confirmation from Albert I had my dealer poke around and try to add them to my order. He was not able to, but since he went in and modified my order trying to add them, one of my options got re-priced to the current pricing, so my 6" extended side steps that I originally ordered for $225 went up to $1005, so I had to drop them as I wasn't willing to pay that much more.

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
It is a glitch. Albert confirmed the stand-alone skid plates are only available for fleet orders. Unfortunately, before I got confirmation from Albert I had my dealer poke around and try to add them to my order. He was not able to, but since he went in and modified my order trying to add them, one of my options got re-priced to the current pricing, so my 6" extended side steps that I originally ordered for $225 went up to $1005, so I had to drop them as I wasn't willing to pay that much more.
Dang that’s a tough way to find out, but I appreciate the heads up! Looks like I’ll be keeping my Fx4 package. Maybe you can find some reasonably priced aftermarket extended running boards and recoup some of the cost by selling the OEM ones.
Sponsored