First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Dang that’s a tough way to find out, but I appreciate the heads up! Looks like I’ll be keeping my Fx4 package. Maybe you can find some reasonably priced aftermarket extended running boards and recoup some of the cost by selling the OEM ones.
Yeah, it kind of stinks, but they were going to be chrome, which I don't really like, so I was conflicted when I ordered them, and only really did so because for $225 the 6" extension was a no-brainer, so I accepted that they would be chrome. The stock boards will be painted stone grey like the bottom of the rest of the truck, so they will look better to my eye, but just be shorter. And you are right, for $1000, I could upgrade to some nice aftermarket steps if I miss the the 6" that much.
Sponsored

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
We level and lift trucks and they will have warranty, if you put on wheels that have too much negative offset that will put too much torque on the front bearings and they will fail, we use the proper offset per Ford so as not to cause that problem...

1602172562563.png
I’m looking at aftermarket wheels and they come in a +1 and +20 offset. Any ideas which one would be right for my 21KR?

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Albert,

A few of us are noticing a difficulty in setting up Pro Trailer Backup Assist using the Target Decal Option. The Quick Start Guide for this gives instructions including sticker placement, but when trying to calibrate the decal, the Sync4 system does not go to the calibration mode. It tells you to install the sensor. The Quick Start Guide mentions that the decal option will be activated after a system upgrade, but when I try to upgrade Sync4 it says I'm up to date, and neither Ford Customer Service, nor my dealer have a clue what this means. There are a couple threads on this problem already, but I wanted to get your take on this. Are you or your staff members at Granger Ford seeing this problem, and if so is there a solution?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-trailer-backup-assist-setup.1115/
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...p-assist-sensor-install-guide-2021-f-150.816/

Last edited:

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 GC-Trailhawk V8, '21 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Beatnik

Sponsored

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Albert has a new guy working with F-150 orders.

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
something else to keep in mind: those guys in Iowa are getting clobbered with snow, 40 mph winds followed by sub-zero temps. They may not even be working for a couple of days.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education
something else to keep in mind: those guys in Iowa are getting clobbered with snow, 40 mph winds followed by sub-zero temps. They may not even be working for a couple of days.
So true. I am in NE Iowa and we have 40+ mph winds whipping around 4 inches of snow. Visibility is less than 100 feet, and my dog thinks we have to walk about the block...we did. lol

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Haha, good to know. It's sunny and 82 degrees here in Texas today - it doesn't even feel like February ;)

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Education
Haha, good to know. It's sunny and 82 degrees here in Texas today - it doesn't even feel like February ;)
Thanks for the information...... ;) It won't be long and it will be spring again. Just have to get through a week of sub-zero temps and more snow. stay safe in your warm part of the world.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Winter here is only 3 days, starting about Feb 14
Usually about the time San Antonio’s cowboy breakfast is happening
Sponsored