Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
this is what i used for glare free
i am sure you double checked it. 4 works for me in the sccm
your icons are ODD in the IP. glare free turns off the blue icon, unless you cycle the cycle the stalk
sometimes turning off truck will not clear your last cycle
wish i was closer as well to help if i could
do you have any DTCS showing up?

Here are the changes required for Glare Free headlights. There are multiple modules that need to be changed so it’s not the easiest mod.
Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:

APIM
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.
IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9
SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx
IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3
HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

Perform one of the below in HCM depending on the specs of your truck:
Short bed No onboard scales / ccd
734-01-04 xx53 4E
Short bed with scales / ccd or Raptor
734-01-04 xx56 D1
Long bed no scales / ccd
734-01-04 xxD9 88
Long bed with scales / ccd
734-01-04 xxDC 17
Thanks, I’ll get out there today and re-check everything and definitely change the 3 back to 4 in the SCCM
Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
this is what i used for glare free
i am sure you double checked it. 4 works for me in the sccm
your icons are ODD in the IP. glare free turns off the blue icon, unless you cycle the cycle the stalk
sometimes turning off truck will not clear your last cycle
wish i was closer as well to help if i could
do you have any DTCS showing up?

Here are the changes required for Glare Free headlights. There are multiple modules that need to be changed so it’s not the easiest mod.
Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:

APIM
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.
IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9
SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx
IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3
HCM
734-01-01 xxxx xx01
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx

Perform one of the below in HCM depending on the specs of your truck:
Short bed No onboard scales / ccd
734-01-04 xx53 4E
Short bed with scales / ccd or Raptor
734-01-04 xx56 D1
Long bed no scales / ccd
734-01-04 xxD9 88
Long bed with scales / ccd
734-01-04 xxDC 17
Ok, just got out there.

First thing I did was change the SCCM value from 3 back to 4. Then I went through everything else and everything is already what you posted and what it was when this was working properly before the update so I am now back to where I started yesterday.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Ok, just got out there.

First thing I did was change the SCCM value from 3 back to 4. Then I went through everything else and everything is already what you posted and what it was when this was working properly before the update so I am now back to where I started yesterday.
you need to drive at night above 25 or so? and with no other lights around to see if they ramp up
and icons displayed
hope it takes this time

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I made the change from 4 to 3.

I got the same blue icon above the green auto icon. It appears to me that whenever the highland are active, the blue light is on. I did notice the John brand ramp when a car passed and the side that was dimmed came back full. When the beans turned off, the blue light turned off. When they first came on, it was instant. I can still turn the high beams manually by using the stem.. I'm going to leave it a 3 till I can test more. It was foggy on my ride home and made it a little difficult to test.

20240126_190442.jpg
Seems like you might have found a way for the cluster to tell you when HB are on or off while in GF mode. I think some folks were asking for that. Right now all we can do is watch when the fog lights come on and off (assuming you don't have Bambi mode on).

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Seems like you might have found a way for the cluster to tell you when HB are on or off while in GF mode. I think some folks were asking for that. Right now all we can do is watch when the fog lights come on and off (assuming you don't have Bambi mode on).
Yes, I thought the same thing. It does seem to indicate when the high beams are active. I do have bank mode enabled so I can't tell by fog lights.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, I thought the same thing. It does seem to indicate when the high beams are active. I do have bank mode enabled so I can't tell by fog lights.
At first I found myself wants to see when it works to try and notice the difference. But at this point I just set it and forget it and just enjoy the extra light without stressing about when/where it's working. I've had zero indications that it's causing an issue for other drivers so in time I'll forget it even exists like my rain sensing wipers.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I agree and feel the same way.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I agree and feel the same way.
You might want to pay close attention to the behavior of the headlamps in turns to confirm that you are satisfied with the change. Going from 4 to 3 appears to disable dynamic bending. Glare-free seems to still work, but your headlamps will no longer swivel into a turn to better light the way.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Actually I meant that I set it and don't worry about it. I did change back to a 4. They are working properly.

twave

First Name
Dez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 5.0 Platinum BAP
Any additional details? I noticed after the latest round of updates, the lights acted a little bit weird. The fade in/out was much quicker and it seems the high beams were responding 'quicker' and more often to oncoming traffic/lights. However, as my nighttime usage has increased, it seems the lights are actually working decently well. They ramp up the high beam faster than before, and I think the ramp down has become more of a cut-out but beyond that, it is still lighting the sides of the road well and "around" oncoming and ahead traffic. The beam 'bending' works the same as before.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Any additional details? I noticed after the latest round of updates, the lights acted a little bit weird. The fade in/out was much quicker and it seems the high beams were responding 'quicker' and more often to oncoming traffic/lights. However, as my nighttime usage has increased, it seems the lights are actually working decently well. They ramp up the high beam faster than before, and I think the ramp down has become more of a cut-out but beyond that, it is still lighting the sides of the road well and "around" oncoming and ahead traffic. The beam 'bending' works the same as before.
I agree

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i can say my favorite part of the glare free is the light going dim at the oncoming drivers face, yet the sides on the road remain illuminated
gives you great light throw to the drivers side of the oncoming vehicle

McGuyver

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Grand National
I don’t think the IPMA changes worked for me. It has been a year since I made any forscan changes. So I downloaded the latest version and made backups of all the as-builts. Made the IPMA changes and saved to ECU but if I go back in and look they have reverted back to original values.

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
Yeah so I was just going through this issue myself and just finished testing. The toggle in the APIM (thanks @Jesse-Infotainment) is the fix.

7D0-09-01 xx5x xxxx xx-- (Note my OEM was 1)

Wrench icon - reset APIM Module

On your center screen: Settings > Vehicle > Lighting > Adaptive Head Lamps Traffic Menu (new)
Toggle to Left traffic then back to Right

You should be good to go. You can leave the menu or return you as-built to OEM, the fix should remain.

I am amending this to recommend trying this first: IPMA 706-34-01 XXAA 8XXX XX--

I would still recommend this even your issue was fixed with my first recommendation.

What does it mean If I don’t have the adaptive head lamp traffic menu in sync? Did that appear with the latest APIM update? I thought I was fully up to date through FDRS but I don’t have it, just the GF toggle.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
With the time change, I got to see glare free again in the mornings this week. I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but has anyone noticed that they come on at a lower speed than before? I haven't figured out the exact speed yet, but they'll activate between 26-28 mph now versus 32 mph beforehand.
Sponsored