First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Busy at work, but as soon as I get a chance later today, I'm buying my 3 year/$600 plan. The more they sell, the more incentive they have to get it to us. I hope so, anyway.
I agree with you sir ! Lets give ford some incentive to give us the 1.4 updates I also have a 2021 job 1

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I agree with you sir ! Lets give ford some incentive to give us the 1.4 updates I also have a 2021 job 1
Yep, I went to see if I could grab this deal yesterday but I still have another year so not yet eligible. Hopefully they are still offering this price ( or wishful thinking, something better) this time next year.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I purchased the $600 3 year plan so for Ford has not sent 6.8 update yet but I have faith in Ford !

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I hope FORD is listening.. is your 2021 also a Job 1 truck ? Do you have 6.8 yet ?
Yes, job 1. They have not sent me 6.8 yet, but whether they send it or not is irrelevant to me. My truck has a problem where IPC updates via OTA don't work. I have to install it manually with FDRS via a 5-6 hour long process. Both IPC updates released before this one for job 1 trucks had to be done that way, and I don't expect this one to be any different. I have one of my Mongooses on its way back to me now. Hopefully it arrives today so I can knock that out tomorrow on my day off.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes, job 1. They have not sent me 6.8 yet, but whether they send it or not is irrelevant to me. My truck has a problem where IPC updates via OTA don't work. I have to install it manually with FDRS via a 5-6 hour long process. Both IPC updates released before this one for job 1 trucks had to be done that way, and I don't expect this one to be any different. I have one of my Mongooses on its way back to me now. Hopefully it arrives today so I can knock that out tomorrow on my day off.
so far i am getting updates almost daily just got the 23-PU0813-DOR UP2 but not 6.8 yet.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
You shouldn't be totally SOL on the IPC update. I was just trying to remember this the other day, but the IPC has three methods essentially, OTA, USB, and CAN. Hopefully you can get the FDRS USB update to work, but if that fails then off the dreaded CAN based IPC update. But if your OTA update for it isn't working, that usually means an ethernet issue, and the USB method is ethernet from the APIM to IPC, so if the issue is in line there, then no good news. I would imagine you of all people already know this but guessing USB method is no go for you however?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
You shouldn't be totally SOL on the IPC update. I was just trying to remember this the other day, but the IPC has three methods essentially, OTA, USB, and CAN. Hopefully you can get the FDRS USB update to work, but if that fails then off the dreaded CAN based IPC update. But if your OTA update for it isn't working, that usually means an ethernet issue, and the USB method is ethernet from the APIM to IPC, so if the issue is in line there, then no good news. I would imagine you of all people already know this but guessing USB method is no go for you however?
The issue is Ethernet hardware doesn't work on unknown number of full digital IPC. I'm in that club with Rugedraw so CAN is our only option. It is why when I bought truck used in April it was so far behind on updates and I joined the forum here to fix it. :)

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
My truck has never been able to get an IPC update via USB or OTA. I know CAN is my only option. I'm cool with it.......it is what it is.
Sponsored